Green Tea???

I found this tea it called "Dieters Drink" no caffeine (China Green Dieter Brand).

Ingredients : Malva Verticellata (chinese mellow) Senna Leaf (Cassia Angustifolia)

I'm putting all this to check if anyone knows about it or tried it!

My last meal of the day would be by 10 pm a snack of a grapefruit! when I drink this tea at night by 7a.m everything I ate the day before is OUT even my grapefruit!

Is it healthy??? am I losing the vitamines of the food I ate? I asked the doctor and he said green tea is OK!

But I'm not sure still I don't trust too much the doctors :huh:

Please let me know and thanks:drinker:

Replies

• I found this tea it called "Dieters Drink" no caffeine (China Green Dieter Brand).

Ingredients : Malva Verticellata (chinese mellow) Senna Leaf (Cassia Angustifolia)

My last meal of the day would be by 10 pm a snack of a grapefruit! when I drink this tea at night by 7a.m everything I ate the day before is OUT even my grapefruit!

Is it healthy??? am I losing the vitamines of the food I ate? I asked the doctor and he said green tea is OK!

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    I found this. I hope it helps.

This popular tea was used traditionally in China to help promote cleansing and digestion.* Its traditional Chinese name comes from the green-colored herbs in the formula.* Senna and malva verticillata are herbal stimulant laxatives that were used to promote bowel movements and cleansing.* Loquat leaf was said to cool and harmonize the stomach.* Licorice root was used to tonify the stomach and spleen, and to augment and harmonize the action of the other herbs.* It is known as the “Great Detoxifier” in Chinese herbology.* Research indicates that green tea’s antioxidants help promote healthy metabolism.* The decaf green tea in this formula is naturally decaffeinated using a carbon dioxide decaf process that retains the antioxidants.* Remember when dieting to follow a balanced weight loss diet and the advice of your health care professional.* Be sure to eat plenty of fresh vegetables, fruits, juices and pure water.* For additional support in cleansing, use this tea along with Triple Leaf Detox Tea.*
    NOTICE: This product contains senna leaf and stem. Read and follow directions carefully. Do not use if you have or develop diarrhea, loose stools, or abdominal pain because senna leaf and stem may worsen these conditions and be harmful to your health. Consult your physician if you have frequent diarrhea or if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.

SUGGESTED USE: 1 cup after dinner, not to exceed 2 cups in 24 hours.* When first using this tea, make it weak by brewing it briefly.* Or, brew 1 tea bag in 2 cups of water for 2 minutes, remove the tea bag and drink 1 cup hot or cold.* Refrigerate the second cup to drink the next day.* After several days, you may gradually increase the strength to suit your individual taste.* Do not drink for more than 7 consecutive days unless directed by your doctor.*
  • Thanks dear... :flowerforyou:
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Do not drink for more than 7 consecutive days unless directed by your doctor.*

Seems like this is the important bit...although, this product made me curious as I've never heard of it. I found this on another site (http://sunex8.com/Herbal Teas/DietersTea.htm):

----

How to take Natural Green Leaf Brand Dieters' Drink?

Always make a fresh cup of tea after or with meals. Steep each bag in a cup of boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes, cover the cup during the steeping process. The tea should be drank warm (honey may be added to sweeten). One cup per day is recommended as a weight maintenance measure. Two cups per day is recommended for those who are overweight. Reduce to one cup per day when you have reached your desired weight.

REMINDER
    Natural Green Leaf Brand Dieters' Drink is safe to drink. You may experience extra bowel movements during the first few days of using this product. This is owed to the teas' laxative properties.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Do not drink for more than 7 consecutive days unless directed by your doctor.*

Seems like this is the important bit...although, this product made me curious as I've never heard of it. I found this on another site (http://sunex8.com/Herbal Teas/DietersTea.htm):

----

How to take Natural Green Leaf Brand Dieters' Drink?

Always make a fresh cup of tea after or with meals. Steep each bag in a cup of boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes, cover the cup during the steeping process. The tea should be drank warm (honey may be added to sweeten). One cup per day is recommended as a weight maintenance measure. Two cups per day is recommended for those who are overweight. Reduce to one cup per day when you have reached your desired weight.

REMINDER
    Natural Green Leaf Brand Dieters' Drink is safe to drink. You may experience extra bowel movements during the first few days of using this product. This is owed to the teas' laxative properties.

The one that I posted on was the dieters green tea. I guess it is a bit different from regular green tea. I have been looking at different sites and I found few that says green tea has not been approved by the FDA. I have always heard that green is good for you.
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    This "Dieters Drink" is NOT green tea, it sounds like its a laxative. When you asked your doctor about this product, did you tell him its green tea? Because if so, that's why he said it was ok....green tea is 100% healthy. But I doubt he would recommend you taking a laxative on a regular basis to lose weight...that's dangerous and unhealthy for you.

Here's some info on that:

---

Laxatives and Weight Control

Laxative abuse is a common form of "weight control," particularly in those suffering from eating disorders. The actual purpose of taking a laxative is to stimulate the large bowel to empty, which occurs only after the food and calories have been absorbed via the small intestines. Some who takes laxatives to control weight is only going to cause their body to lose fluid, which can be followed by periods of water retention and an appearance of bloating (causing the individual to want to lose more weight and use more laxatives).

The reason people seem to lose weight while taking laxatives is usually because they are reducing their caloric intake and food consumption, and/or compulsively exercising.

Weight Loss and Laxatives - Conclusion

In a nutshell, taking laxatives for weight control or weight loss purposes is neither good for fat-loss, nor good for health. Prolonged use leads to cramps, bloating, water retention and - when laxative-use stops - withdrawal symptoms.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Senna is a laxative. You will become dependent on it, and it will stop having its um...effect.

That's why the warning to not drink it for more than seven days.

Pure green tea has been shown to be a natural fat-burner in some studies, and is chock full of good for you antioxidants.

But the senna, be careful.
    :flowerforyou:
  • SUGARPLUM098
    SUGARPLUM098 Posts: 60 Member
    I found this tea it called "Dieters Drink" no caffeine (China Green Dieter Brand).

playinwfire

I've tried the tea once but i only took it for 4 days. It's pretty good but if u do take it u shouldn't overdo it "NOT MORE THAN 10 DAYS" cause senna is a laxative. It' helps quite alot with the toxins in our body adn when we lose weight we have quite a bit so it might be a good step to try it for a few days, if not ten at least 5.

I am from the Caribbean so we use senna tea (made from senna leaves soaked in hot water overnight) as a cleanser and my mom has advised me to drink it once it every six mths cause it's very effective.

I hope this bit helps:drinker:
  • Thank you guys!!!!! It is a green tea... I guess there's senna inside! I didn't mention that to the doctor! and OK I'm not going to use it more than 10 days promise!

Thank you :flowerforyou: