Anybody use the Wii as a fitness tool?

csan82
csan82 Posts: 3
edited September 25 in Fitness and Exercise
I just started using my Wii to help me get fun and motivated while exercising. The game I've been playing is just dance, I like to call it just sweaty. OMG I didn't even realize until the calorie counter said I burned off 2000. It was fun and I didn't complain. Gonna keep this program up. I'm also thinking of adding strength training with all this cardio. Any tips, suggestions, comments are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    I love just dance normally burn about 200cals every half hour. The best fitness game on the wii is definately EA active, you get a HRM and combines strength and cardio.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    LOVE Just Dance 2 so much. My daughter and I dance daily and I burn about 150 for about 20 mins depending on song choice!
    I also have all the EA Sport which I love but am taking a break from while I dance. I also got a new pilates one I am going to try tomorrow!

LOVE my wii and it is the best exercise since it doesn't feel like work!
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    I have Just Dance 1 and 2 that I play with my kiddos! I also use the original Wii fit doing the free step for 30 minutes (I usually burn around 200 cal) I like that one because I can do the "walking" and turn the channel and the promptor still comes through the remote! I'm not big into working out so if I view it as a game Im more likely to do it! Plus it gives me time to play with the kids!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    I love just dance normally burn about 200cals every half hour. The best fitness game on the wii is definately EA active, you get a HRM and combines strength and cardio.

Agreed...I got EA Active 2 for the PS3 and I LOVE it...It's great...I even got my husband to start a program!
This discussion has been closed.