Excited about my days purchase!

Options
So I finally took the plunge and invested in a Polar FT7 HRM! I had purchased a cheap no name a few days ago and could tell it wasnt reliable then I stumbled upon the Polar's and they were on clearance so I went for it! Several of my friends had suggested these to me so I had done research on them and to find one at a reduced price made my day!

It sure doesnt take much to excite me on a Saturday night these days!

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    So I finally took the plunge and invested in a Polar FT7 HRM! I had purchased a cheap no name a few days ago and could tell it wasnt reliable then I stumbled upon the Polar's and they were on clearance so I went for it! Several of my friends had suggested these to me so I had done research on them and to find one at a reduced price made my day!

You are SO going to love it. WARNING>...it will make you exercise more. When I hit my 40 minutes but the burn is 327...........I want 350!!! :laugh: Have fun!
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options

You are SO going to love it. WARNING>...it will make you exercise more. When I hit my 40 minutes but the burn is 327...........I want 350!!! :laugh: Have fun!

THANKS! Thats what I am hoping for !!
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This may be a stupid question, but why do people get HRMs? What else can they tell you other than heart rate? Can you enter info into them? What do they do... why do I need one?! Thanks all for humouring my ignorance :)
  • missfittin_missy
    Options
    The one I got you put in your height, weight, and age and it basically tracks how many calories you are burning. Thats what I wanted it for. It can do a few other tricks too but that was my main thing I want to make sure I am pushing myself as hard as I can because I tend to be overdramatic and swear I am dying when Im only going half speed lol!
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    For Zabitha, a good HRM, will also give you a more accurate calorie burned number!
  • TNH76
    TNH76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Sounds like a great Saturday to me. Where did you find the Polar HRM on clearance?
  • missfittin_missy
    Options
    at Sears! They had the FT1, FT4, and FT7 ranging in price from 49-79$
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Agreed..I got the Polar FT7 a few weeks ago and I LOVE it..I feel better about not "guesstimating" my calorie burn..

and I agree that it WILL make you work more!
  • TNH76
    TNH76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    at Sears! They had the FT1, FT4, and FT7 ranging in price from 49-79$

Thanks! I will stop by tomorrow to see if they have any at my local Sears store.