Traypoolah
Traypoolah Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I am new to this site.I am a mother of two.I have to loose 160 pounds.It is so overwhelming when you have so much to loose,but i really need to do this.I'm doing lowfat nd exercising.I could really use some tips.So i'll be checking in from time to time.

Replies

• Hi, I am new to this site.I am a mother of two.I have to loose 160 pounds.It is so overwhelming when you have so much to loose,but i really need to do this.I'm doing lowfat nd exercising.I could really use some tips.So i'll be checking in from time to time.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Welcome and congratulations on your decision! :wink:

We're glad you're here:smile: - there is a lot of good advice on these boards, so do some reading, and use the tools, and you'll be a loser in no time!! :love:
  • mb2bthin
    mb2bthin Posts: 47 Member
    hello newbie and welcome

You will find that you wont be a newbie for long and that there is so much great support here from all the members. Just keep posing quesitons and reading and responding to others. You will feel part of the group. Then take your time, go on the journey and what works for me is to focus on what I learn each day rather than if I make it on the scale. As long as I stay committed to learning and losing I will. :flowerforyou:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    my advice to you would be to take advantage of this site and follow it. I know at first I was like "eat my exercise calories" what that is just crazy but the body is a beautiful machine and it works. Exercise, have a cheat day once in a while but don't go over board. Find an activity (cardio) that you enjoy and do it! Count your calories. Just trust the system and follow the guidelines you will be surprised just how much the weight will start coming off. I weighed 174 when I started in march and am down to 145. Congrads on making this first step

Welcome to the family

:)
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    One of the most helpful things about this site is to chart your food before you actually eat it. You might change your mind about the food or quantity! I was amazed at the calories in certain food items! Good luck reaching your goal!
This discussion has been closed.