128-174 lbs IS THAT A JOKE?

2»

Replies

• AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    I am in the same boat as you. I have my sight set on 175 too. :drinker:

The way I see it no chart will tell me where I am comfortable being me, and being healthy. If I am happy once I reach 175 then I will work at maintaining that, if not ... well we shall see when we get to that point. :happy:

I say do what feel right to you. :flowerforyou:
  • maurapie
    maurapie Posts: 48 Member
    I'm also 5'10", and the best shape I've ever been in was right after Basic Military Training, when I weighed somewhere between 160-170. And I was pretty darn skinny then- if I weighed any less I'd probably look unhealthy... I can't even imagine 128!
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Ha! mine is 105-136! I think it has to do with age, and bone stucture. When I was 20 104 looked hot on me. Now I would be one sammich away from from the hospital.

I would love to be 125!! sigh:love:

One sammich away from the hospital! I LOVE THAT!
  • I am also 5'10" and when I was at my thinnest, I was 180, and I felt too thin. I would go off body fat %, and not BMI. It is way outdated and not even accurate.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Girl, I'm right there with you. 5'10" and 185 as of yesterday. My goal is set at 160, was there four years back, and realistically, i still could gave stood to drop 10 vanity pounds. That being said, I amdown from 220, and the weightless is slowing, so know I am getting closer to a healthier weight. Going to keep concentrating on exercise and building muscle to see where my body wants to be.
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    I am also 5'10" and when I was at my thinnest, I was 180, and I felt too thin. I would go off body fat %, and not BMI. It is way outdated and not even accurate.

I agree. I am just over 5'9" and I used to weigh 140. My body fat % was 2% below average. If I went down to 128, I would probably have been a walking skeleton.
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    My BMI says I should weigh between 85 (hardy, har har) and 119. Sooooo yeah... That's completely ridiculous.
  • That's so funny...I actually thought the same thing when I viewed my BMI Range....I guess they have to have an outrageous "target range" to include everyone :)
  • That's so funny...I actually thought the same thing when I viewed my BMI Range....I guess they have to have an outrageous "target range" to include everyone :)
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    BMI? Every time I see or hear those letters, I also hear in the back of my mind, Donny Brasco saying, "forgetaboutit". I've never liked those height/weight tables.

Seriously, when were the BMI tables created and last updated? Was it back in the day before we had a better understanding of muscles mass versus percent of fat?

Many years ago (heck several decades ago), I proudly served. According to some chart I was overweight, by 15 lbs. Every other time there was a PT test, I had to be taped (to calculated percent of body fat). I always got high scores on my PT test and was the either the fastest or second fastest runner in my unit.
    (Incidentally, when you leave the service and stop being as active, but your appetite still craves thousands upon thousands of calories per day, watch out. That's how I gain my first 20 lbs.)

Therefore, BMI, forget about it.

Personally, for me, on my journey, I've ignored BMI and been focusing on notches on my belt. Incidentally, I'm going to need a smaller belt in a a week or two, (Can ya say woo hoo!). Periodically, I check the percent of body fat on the bathroom scale, its dropping as well. It works for me.
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    BMI? Every time I see or hear those letters, I also hear in the back of my mind, Donny Brasco saying, "forgetaboutit". I've never liked those height/weight tables.

Seriously, when were the BMI tables created and last updated? Was it back in the day before we had a better understanding of muscles mass versus percent of fat?

Many years ago (heck several decades ago), I proudly served. According to some chart I was overweight, by 15 lbs. Every other time there was a PT test, I had to be taped (to calculated percent of body fat). I always got high scores on my PT test and was the either the fastest or second fastest runner in my unit.
    (Incidentally, when you leave the service and stop being as active, but your appetite still craves thousands upon thousands of calories per day, watch out. That's how I gain my first 20 lbs.)

Therefore, BMI, forget about it.

Personally, for me, on my journey, I've ignored BMI and been focusing on notches on my belt. Incidentally, I'm going to need a smaller belt in a a week or two, (Can ya say woo hoo!). Periodically, I check the percent of body fat on the bathroom scale, its dropping as well. It works for me.

"Forgetaboutit & woooo hoooo" to you! Thanks!
  • mpepsim
    mpepsim Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 5'9 and 128 lbs and I can definitely confirm that I do not look like Skeletor.
  • wishings
    wishings Posts: 13
    I ignore BMI and I go with body fat percentage. I want to be between 20-22% which is a good range for a reasonably active woman. Going by that I only need to lose 15-20lbs to be there. Much more achievable.
This discussion has been closed.