back in the er

Options
Hi everyone... well..here we are..back in the er for brandon.. he has been admitted for another crohn's flare up.. always something right? Please pray for my little guy!! thanks!
Leslee

Replies

• LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Hi everyone... well..here we are..back in the er for brandon.. he has been admitted for another crohn's flare up.. always something right? Please pray for my little guy!! thanks!
    Leslee
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    my prayers are with you and your fam!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Aawww...Leslee!! :frown:

Prayers for you & your little man. :frown: :heart:
  • Pamy
    Pamy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hope everything ok for you and your son!

:flowerforyou:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Huuuugs, many prayers for you guys!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Prayers going out for your little one and for your family. God bless you.

Betty
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    ((HUGS)) and prayers coming your way

Kim
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Many prayers being sent your way!
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    Prayers coming your way.
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • mb2bthin
    mb2bthin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    hugs, prayers, support, lots of luv and whatever else you need from us coming your way!!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    So say to hear about Brandon:cry: Sure hope that everything goes well and you are home soon.:flowerforyou:

Toni
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry! ((hugs))
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I'm SO sorry hun! My prayers are definitely with you and your son!

God Bless!
    -Tami
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    sending all of my good thoughts and wishes. I hope you aren't there long and he recovers quickly.
    :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    I'm praying for strength for you, healing for your son, and blessings on all of your family!
  • LML79
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the prayers and well wishes. I appreciate you all so much! I came home with Sarah ( my 6 yr old) for the night...while my husband is going to stay at the hospital with Brandon for tonight.

Just a little update.. ( I think many of you know about Brandon and his situation since I've joined MFP) It all started this weekend when Brandon was complaining of a stomach ache. We didn't think too much of it because he was just in the hospital a little over a month ago..from his first crohn's flare up after being newly diagnosed a month and a half ago. So with all the meds and steroids he has been on since we thought we were in the clear.. isn't that how it goes though..when you least expect it right? We were just finally getting back to a routine and normal life after spending a week in the hospital and he was doing so good too..

We just saw his GI Dr. on the 15th and are continuing to wean him off the prednisone by 5mg a week.. ( He started at the high dose of 40 and is now weaned to 25) But as we were weaning him off the belly aches started coming back more frequent and painful.. Soo this weekend he barely ate..which if anyone who has ever been on prednisone knows...that's a rare thing to not be hungry!

Then this morning he woke up at 5 vomiting...nonstop ..every five to ten minutes till the Dr. on call called me back ..who then told us to go straight to the ER. Of course from there on out things got very crazy. I am a nanny and had JUST put the 11 month old baby down for her nap..and had to call her mom to get out of work to pick her up..... wake up sleeping beauty Sarah over here and rush to get her dressed...all while trying to pack a bag and hold a bucket for Brandon.. Amazing what moms can juggle all at once right?

Once we got to the ER the Gastroenterologist was already waiting for us and took us right in..which is rare..usually you get stuck in the waiting area forever! They could barely take Brandon's vital..having to stop every few minutes so he could grab his bucket. They put in an IV with anti - nausea medications and prednisone through the iv. Within the hour his color came right back and he was fine. But they said they are going to admit him..and take x-rays.. all that fun stuff.

I guess the X-rays came back showing some kind of mass on his left side. They said it could be anything or nothing at all...could be inflammation, or just a fluke thing since x-rays can be deceiving..but it also could be some kind of obstruction or blockage in the intestines which is common in Crohn's patients? They didn't tell us much really. Right now they are going to just keep an eye on him since the anti-nausea medicine takes 8 hours to get out of his system..then the doctors will know more..if once the medication has worn off Brandon starts going right back into vomitting the bile..then it could very well be an obstruction which is pushing everything up... sometimes could heal on it's own... or he could need surgery. We won't know till later. Right now he is on a no food-liquid diet at all..which of course, now that he is feeling ok he is hungry..poor kid.

So we will know more once the medicine wears off..we are praying it is just some kind of regular ol' stomach bug or a little inflammation due to a crohn's flare up..and not an obstruction .It is just so stressful for us all right now because it is all new to us.. and now my 6 yr old daughter has become painfully shy and doesn't want to leave mommy and daddy on top of it when she is being bounced all over the place while Brandon is in and out of the hospital. Besides the fact Brandon AND Sarah will be starting school in September after being homeschooled for so long. Just a lot of changes.

If we keep this up both me AND my husband will be out of jobs if we keep calling out like this. I can get away with it thanks to the baby I watch has a lot of family who is able to take her when I cant. But come the end of August I start a new job at the kids school being a teacher's aid.. so we all really want to get this figured out, controlled and maintained before the summer ends!! Can you tell I am in venting mode tonight? haha!
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    Get some rest and enjoy your time at home with Sarah. Keep us posted and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers:heart:
  • LML79
    Options
    Get some rest and enjoy your time at home with Sarah. Keep us posted and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers:heart:
    Thanks! And yes..I am enjoying it being home this time around. Last time I stayed the full week without leaving the hospital..and my hubby was the one to come home and take care of my daughter.. it felt really weird staying in the hospital for so long... you loose sense of time and whats going on....not even knowing what the weather was like....very strange.. so i am glad to be able to be the one to stay home this time and still have a somewhat normal routine. hubby just called and said they are moving rooms ...yes..at 10:30 pm..because I guess there have been a lot of kids getting admitted...this happened the last time as well but it was like midnight..and we had to move ALL our stuff and everything to go share a room with someone else. crazy!!!
  • LML79
    Options
    Hey guys,
    Brandon is home now and feeling good! We aren't really sure what happened. We think there was an obstruction, or blockage that was causing all this. The Dr. said it can happen with Crohn's and sometimes an obstruction goes away on it's own....sometimes it doesn't and then they'd need to be operated on..thank God that wasn't the case!! I really appreciate all the prayers :heart: :heart: :heart:

Now..time to get back to life! :happy: