Who want to LOSE 40-50 lbs in 4 months?!?!?

Options

Replies

• carolhoping
    carolhoping Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, please count me in, c w 166 lbs 6/4/2011
    gw 133lbs
  • @ bachooka
    That is a great idea!

SW: 178
    GW: 133
    by august 22

I will post what kind of exercises i do so people can check and share!

hi i am trying to reach my goals with some support from girls from here. Would u become my friend?

(check my blog at : http://marisoldesideriocsulb.blogspot.com/ )

I'm in. I want to lose 60 pounds for my total goal weight, so this will be a kick in the butt for me.

SW: 166
    GW: 104min - 120max

And if anyone could tell me that they really do see my post, I'd be really happy.
  • 321poppi
    321poppi Posts: 24
    Options
    In response to inquiries about workout routines, here is what I'm doing. Keep in mind that I hate, hate, hate going to the gym and running in general...hopefully with weight loss, these things will change.

I am a huge fan of Jillian Michaels, and so most of my workouts use here dvds. I own, 30DS, No More Trouble Zones, and Yoga Meltdown. I switch up the dvds almost every day so I'm never doing the same thing back to back. I also go to Zumba and Kickboxing classes for some extra cardio since Jillian tends to be more about strength training. I also love to go on long walks!

What is everyone else doing for exercise? Is there anyone here who loves to swim? I have heard that it's great cardio and really easy on your joints (I have a bad lower back). Does anyone have any experience with swimming as exercise that would love to share with me? I'm interested in what exactly you do (laps, certain strokes, etc.) and also what kind of results you saw. Thanks!

I go to the gym and get on a kind of elliptical and try to up the level and stay on it 3 additional minutes each time. I wish I worked out everyday. I do keep a set of hand weights around and pick them up a few times a day and do a couple of sets. it takes less than 5 minutes, and I think even that little bit has positive effects.

I too hate to run - but really want to. I want to do a triathlon, hopefully in the fall. Now that my endurance is up a little, I think I'll get on the treadmill and see what happens tonight.
  • Kayve
    Kayve Posts: 6
    Options
    Count me in too! I'd love to loose that and more!

SW 225-
    CW 222-
    GW 145-
  • marsts
    marsts Posts: 85
    Options
    In response to inquiries about workout routines, here is what I'm doing. Keep in mind that I hate, hate, hate going to the gym and running in general...hopefully with weight loss, these things will change.

I am a huge fan of Jillian Michaels, and so most of my workouts use here dvds. I own, 30DS, No More Trouble Zones, and Yoga Meltdown. I switch up the dvds almost every day so I'm never doing the same thing back to back. I also go to Zumba and Kickboxing classes for some extra cardio since Jillian tends to be more about strength training. I also love to go on long walks!

What is everyone else doing for exercise? Is there anyone here who loves to swim? I have heard that it's great cardio and really easy on your joints (I have a bad lower back). Does anyone have any experience with swimming as exercise that would love to share with me? I'm interested in what exactly you do (laps, certain strokes, etc.) and also what kind of results you saw. Thanks!

I find going to the gym actually gives me motivation to workout , and try my best, from seeing everyone else working out... I tend to have challenges with the people beside me...but they dont know it hahah =P
    The past 2 weeks, I usually do 30 minutes on the stationary bike, and 30 minutes on the elliptical (sometimes a bit more), and usually every second day I add around 15-30 mins of weight training... And somedays I do an hour of weight training and only 30 mins of cardio...(but rarely haha) .
    I LOVE zumba, i did that for a month when i was living with my brother and sister in law for summer holidays (me and my sisterinlaw would go do zumba together) but now im back at home with no one to go with...so i might get the zumba for the wii and incorporate that into my workouts.
    Personally, since I only restarted 2 weeks ago, right now I'm more cardio to burn calories and such to get slimmer, once I lose 10-15 pounds, I'll probably focus more on adding more weight training to my workout routines.
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing so far?! When is everyone's weigh in day? I don't think that we should only post on Mondays...just whenever you have something to share with the group. My weigh is day is on Thursday...and I am happy to announce that I lost 3.6 pounds last week! That brings me to a total of -23.6 lbs. YAY! I would love to hear from everyone else! We can do this everyone...let's not let this thread die out.
  • femme62209
    Options

I go to the gym and get on a kind of elliptical and try to up the level and stay on it 3 additional minutes each time. I wish I worked out everyday. I do keep a set of hand weights around and pick them up a few times a day and do a couple of sets. it takes less than 5 minutes, and I think even that little bit has positive effects.

I too hate to run - but really want to. I want to do a triathlon, hopefully in the fall. Now that my endurance is up a little, I think I'll get on the treadmill and see what happens tonight.

How did your experience with the treadmill go?! I hope it was a success!
    I agree that working out everyday is really hard, I try to only take off one day a week, but sometimes it just needs to be two. Haha. The elliptical is about the one machine I can tolerate at the gym, so I think I should be trying that more. One of my major trouble zones are my thighs...so I'm thinking of also trying out the stair climber, although in the past, it and I have not gotten along very well. Haha. Good luck this week!
  • femme62209
    Options

I find going to the gym actually gives me motivation to workout , and try my best, from seeing everyone else working out... I tend to have challenges with the people beside me...but they dont know it hahah =P
    The past 2 weeks, I usually do 30 minutes on the stationary bike, and 30 minutes on the elliptical (sometimes a bit more), and usually every second day I add around 15-30 mins of weight training... And somedays I do an hour of weight training and only 30 mins of cardio...(but rarely haha) .
    I LOVE zumba, i did that for a month when i was living with my brother and sister in law for summer holidays (me and my sisterinlaw would go do zumba together) but now im back at home with no one to go with...so i might get the zumba for the wii and incorporate that into my workouts.
    Personally, since I only restarted 2 weeks ago, right now I'm more cardio to burn calories and such to get slimmer, once I lose 10-15 pounds, I'll probably focus more on adding more weight training to my workout routines.

I think that Zumba for the Wii would be a great investment since you don't have anyone to go with. I can totally understand that feeling; I love having a workout buddy (mine is my roommate). You gym regime sounds great, I might try to go a little more now that it is warmer outside (and I have to walk to get to the gym). I think I could handle the bike and the elliptical...especially if I have my iPod with me! Good luck this week, and great job so far!
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi guys it's been a while since i last dropped in. I agree with us not just sharing things on mondays, it was just something to get us started. :smile:
    Since i have a massive joint infection i find it reallly hard to do any kind of exercise. :grumble: I used to swim a lot when i was younger byt our local pool is being refurbished and i'm pretty skint. (trying to save money for uni). I try to do some low impact areobics, walking, or jogging on the spot for as long as i can stand it. However short, its better than nothing!
    Warning TMI. :blushing: Yeah erm... not weighing in this week TOM and all that. KInd of took me by surprise reallly. We've not seen each other since August. Coursework stress and my weight not helping this. I'd forgotton what it was like...needless to say i've been suffering with the munchies and i dont think the scale will be going down.
    I'm glad to see all the new faces round here. Goodluck, until next time. :heart:
  • duckiejen3
    duckiejen3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in! What great motivation:happy:
  • kimmy725
    kimmy725 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm in too! I just found this site last week, so i'm looking for some motivation & support. So please keep me motivated!
    Thanks

SW 227
    CW 192
    GW 145
  • xnmjx
    xnmjx Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in! I also just found this website recently (I have had the iPhone app for quite a while) but always lose motivation to use it after a few days! This was just the sort of group I was looking for! I will weigh in properly tomorrow but..

SW - roughly 200
    GW - 160 (aug 22nd!)

Really excited :-)

ETA - any other iPhone users recommend any weightloss apps?
  • femme62209
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! And welcome all newcomers! So here's a quick update on my week:

Instead of posting what I found easiest, I'm just going to share a victory that happened this week :) Today I looked at my prrogress pictures side-by-side for the first time!!! I was feeling a little sad because I couldn't see any visible differences in the mirror. I have been taking pictures this whole journey and so today I looked at my first picture to today's picture. Wow. I could see a huge difference and I was sooo proud of myself! I think that taking weekly or monthly pictures can be a great motivator...I encourage you all to try it!

What was hard this week: for the first time I experienced calorie deprivation! Not a fun thing. On Wednesday I consumed 1300 calories but through exercise I burned 1500 calories. The results were not good. I was weak and shaky and had a terrible headache. I took the next day off from exercise and drank a lot of water. I feel much better now and plan to never let that happen to me again. I am slowly learning that eating back my calories burned is a good thing....and a necessary one.

I hope everyone is going great so far! I can't wait to hear what all of you are experiencing this week! We can do this!
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    I want in!
  • mayamojo
    mayamojo Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm in I am going to loose 50 lbs

sw 191
    gw 140
  • silverboar
    silverboar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you all as well! Would love to lose 50 by end of summer!!
    Only thing is that I almost have ZERO motivation & will power!
    Any motivational speakers out there?
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    OK so it's tuesday... Iv'e not had the best of weekends.
    The thing that i found easiest this week is that although i gave in to foods that were not particulary great (cake i'm looking a you) it wasnt as much as i usually do. I mean i ate a lot of jam roly poly which put me at least 700 calories over my limit, but i did some exercise and erradicated those extra calories. Feeling pretty pround of myself at the moment.

One of the hardest things is that i've developed a serious sugar craving. I feel like a heroine addict! I've been wandering aimlessly through the kitchen opening and closing the cupboard doors. Causing e to get strange looks from my mother... I know that i'm not hungry, but i dont know. My weight has returned to what it was two weeks ago and i feel like i'm not making any progress at all.

It's a bit empty in here no? Lots of people have joined, yet hardly anyone is sharing. :(
    femme62209: Great job on noticing your loss! I wish that i had the courage to even take pictures of myself, never ind to be able to look at them.
    I'm also glad that your making sure that your losing your weight in a healthy way, that will help you to keep it off.

bye for now.
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!!!

I hope everyone's day is going well. Let's continue to move, sweat and eat HEALTHY!!! We've got 50 pounds to lose :bigsmile:

Since joining in on this challenge (4/2/2011), I have lost 9.2 lbs with more to go...40.8 more to go!!!! :wink:
  • shelleyjrussell
    Options
    Count me in.

SW: 160
    GW: 120
  • marsts
    marsts Posts: 85
    Options
    I have just an idea to toss out there, why doesn't someone start with a question or suggestion on what the next person should talk about in the next post ? Like for ex: someone answers what they found hard this week - and then asks a question like what someones motivation was this week and then the next person replies to the question and asks their own? and keep it kinda like a chain thing just asking questions about their journey, or even just some motivation for others, etc etc and so its not just a daily thing but an ongoing thing?

anyways since i forgot to do the monday thing yesterday, i might as well share today haha!
    what i found hard this week was that i was going over my calorie goal 5 days of the week by 500-1600 calories, being way too tempted by junkfood!
    but its a new week and so ill keep working hard to get to that goal weight!