ashamed!!

Options
Problem is!!!!- I do GREAT EVERY DAY, until happy hour comes around and my friends suggest going out! I always do fine until that fine line when i'm saying i'm DONE, but they keep egging me on and unfortunately I give in =/.. any suggestions?? anything at this point would help- it's basically the only thing keeping me from loosing! grr! =(

Replies

• wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Put yourself first. It's your life and they need to understand that you are trying to be a more healthy person. From one who loves to have some drinks and loves food it takes discipline and desire to shape your body to what YOU want. Remember your not on a diet but changing your nutritional lifestyle for life.
  • alana333
    alana333 Posts: 6
    Options
    Dont go!! there's a hot dog stand down the street that i love love love- but i know if i manage to press on the gas when going bye it. I cant stop to go in. So i wont eat it.( try thinking about why you want to loose weight next time they ask)
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Do these friends know you are trying to lose weight? Because they should be supportive and not egging you on. If you aren't comfortable telling everyone, maybe have one or two you trust and tell them. I don't like to tell people so I just have my bf who is very supportive about going to the gym with me sometimes or bravely trying new foods with me. I do find it really hard to maintain control of my eating when I go out... and I think I'm learning by just practicing self-discipline in either learning to say no to the food or no to the going out. If the going out is occasional, maybe you can also plan your day's worth of food around having most of your calories from going out food.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Alternate have one drink than get a glass of water. Take longer drinking the water, and if your friends ask tell them that your hangovers:sick: have been getting worse lately and you heard this is a good way to stop them. :wink:
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Alternate have one drink than get a glass of water. Take longer drinking the water, and if your friends ask tell them that your hangovers:sick: have been getting worse lately and you heard this is a good way to stop them. :wink:

Haha, I'll have to use that excuse! lol
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Just go to the bar and get something that looks like a drink, soda water with lime or something like that. Even if your friends know you're not drinking at least you're still joining in and they'll probably back off.
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You've got great suggestions on the drinking. If they're drinking, they shouldn't be counting your drinks! :bigsmile:

You can always make room in your daily food intake for the extras at happy hour if you know they're coming. That way, you can indulge without guilt.

I'd also recommend cutting the happy hours down to a dull roar, maybe once per week if you're going more often, or 1-2 times per month if you're going weekly. It's just a recipe for falling off of all kinds of wagons: cheap eats, cheap drinks, friends with lower inhibitions...you get the idea.

Take good care of yourself, and put yourself first! No one can take care of you but you. Hang in there!