New to the site

Options
Hey my names stacey, and just signed yp for this site, and was wondering if any you people have any tips or advice for me! :)

Replies

• KoppelJaeger
    Options
    I want to start giving probably the best advice I can think of: Just be patient to yourself! Loosing weight and eating healthier requires time.
  • MzTrapp
    MzTrapp Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My name is keisha and I am new to this site myself. I was looking for friends to add me so that we can support each other and give encouraging words. Loosing weight is an uphill battle for many but I find it easier when I have a support group or read success stories.
  • v2Fireko
    v2Fireko Posts: 27
    Options
    Keep a clean diet, and commit yourself to a daily routine with exercise incorporated at your best convenience. I'm relatively new to this site myself but definitely excited to immerse myself in the community; I hear it's pretty friendly. We have quite a few of the same goals (eg. fitting into those snazzy outfits) and I'm definitely keen on achieving these eventually. Good luck with your weight-loss journey! :)
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Advise: Take it one day at a time.. You will have some good days and bad days so just take it into consideration how well you do on your good days and it pans out in the end.. Eat at least 5-7 meals a day to keep your metabolism going and you dont go into starvation mode. Drink your 8-8 ozs of water aday. And the main key is to EXERCISE... So important to exercise at least 4-6 days a week. When I got on this site I only needed to lose 10 pounds my last that I have been holding onto for over a yr. So I did a complete turn around of eating habits and exercise and I only less then 1 pound away from my goal. I will still be on here because the people are so nice and help you out alot. So if you want to add me I would love to help you out during your journey of weight loss. Oh and one more thing be careful of who you add as friends because when I first started out I was adding anyone and anybody and sometimes you do get some RUDE AND NEGATIVE PEOPLE so I deleted all my friends and Im very picky on who I pick.. NO NEGATIVE FRIENDS FOR ME... ONLY POSITIVE.. Good luck and you can DO THIS.. :)
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    I wouldn't get weighed every day, just once a week. I find that keeps my attitude positive. Plus, log your food right after you've eaten it. That way you don't forget! I installed the MFP app on my Android so I update in the car after the gym, at Starbucks after my black coffee, etc.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Welcome!