Hello everyone!

Options
Hi guys! I am new here on the site.... well, just joined a couple of weeks ago and am totally addicted already :love:
I am desperately trying to lose some weight. I have never been big - throughout my whole life I ate what I wanted and never had to step foot in the gym. But then, somewhere between college dorm food (which is far from healthy) and not having the kind of lifestyle that includes gym trips, I gained some weight. I am now probably the biggest person in my family :( Since I know that being overweight does not run in our family, I know it is my lifestyle that got me where I am today. SO.... I am here looking for some support. I am approaching 30 and do not want to get there knowing that all of my 20s I spent not liking the way I looked :ohwell:
I am counting calories that I eat but I hear that this alone does not get you to your goal... so how can I make myself go to the gym????? Or can I just eat 1000 calories/day and that's it? I am 5'8" and weight about 170 :cry:

Replies

• katyaskinny
    Options
    Hi guys! I am new here on the site.... well, just joined a couple of weeks ago and am totally addicted already :love:
    I am desperately trying to lose some weight. I have never been big - throughout my whole life I ate what I wanted and never had to step foot in the gym. But then, somewhere between college dorm food (which is far from healthy) and not having the kind of lifestyle that includes gym trips, I gained some weight. I am now probably the biggest person in my family :( Since I know that being overweight does not run in our family, I know it is my lifestyle that got me where I am today. SO.... I am here looking for some support. I am approaching 30 and do not want to get there knowing that all of my 20s I spent not liking the way I looked :ohwell:
    I am counting calories that I eat but I hear that this alone does not get you to your goal... so how can I make myself go to the gym????? Or can I just eat 1000 calories/day and that's it? I am 5'8" and weight about 170 :cry:
  • MarcieinSB
    MarcieinSB Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just joined and today is my first day. This website is great. I'm 33, 5'10 and weigh 228lbs. I haven't been keeping track of the food I eat but I workout like crazy. This should definitely help me. I have two boys and my youngest is 2. I should have lost the weight sometime ago but I guess I really wasn't paying attention to what I put in my mouth. I go spinning at lunch time everyday. Plus I lift weights about 3-4 times a week. The best part is I just bought a heart rate monitor. It’s amazing. I t tells me how long I workout out for, average beats per minute, how many calories I burned and other things as well. Hopefully the pounds will start to melt off.:tongue:
  • katyaskinny
    Options
    The problem with me going to the gym is that I keep thinking I am too fat to go there?!!!! I would like to go more, and even during lunchtime, but there are more people there at that time, so I don't go :( Do you ever think that way or is it just me? I mean, I know that gym is for people losing weight, but I feel everyone will be thinking "look at that fat girl on the treadmill trying not to die from exhaustion"... Since I don't go regularly, I don't have the greatest stamina.