Circuit Training

Options
Hey everyone! I am thinking of doing circuit training as my main form of exercise for a while. I was wondering how many others have done this and what results they have had. Also, I plan on creating my own circuit stations at home so any suggestions on exercise moves would be great. I know I will do pushups, jumping jacks, lunges, etc. but am open to any suggestions.
Thanks!

Replies

• feliciapeters
    Options
    i like jillian michaels 30 day shred. my 1st full week i lost 5lbs. you just need some 3 or 5lb hand weights. Alot of people have had good results with it.
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've done circuit training since Jan. and have lost 15 pounds and some inches. I use Jillian micheals videos.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You can google circuit training routines online, or even search within MFP, I am pretty sure someone had posted a great circuit training routine some months ago.

Goodluck
  • sarabellum
    sarabellum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love circuit training and it's my main form of exercise - it's a great way to keep your heart rate up and is great for a full body workout!!!
    A great circuit that we've done (I go to a class) is alternating doing weights for 30 sec to a minute (like bicep curls, tricep extensions or dips, lunges, squats, deadlifts, shoulder press, pushups, etc) and then 30 sec to a minute of cardio (skipping, jumping jacks, speed skaters, mountain climbers, burpees, etc.) and just alternate between the two for 30 mins up to an hour (depending on how much time you're working out for).
    Hope you enjoy your circuit training!!!
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    When I do circuit training...
    I start out with about 10 minutes of cardio
    Then 8 - 10 minutes of weight-training arms, legs and abs
    Then 5 minutes of cardio
    8 - 10 minutes of weight training
    I try to do 4 sets at least of this
  • taraglittle
    taraglittle Posts: 14 Member