Need Friends who will STAY!!!

Options
Hello everyone,
I joined MFP a couple months ago & since then I have loss & gained the same 10lbs multiple times, I have struggled with my weight loss since November 2009 when I had a hysterectomy, since then I went from 180 to 230, I am currently 220. I had a couple of friends on here but they abandoned me because I back slid & went off my diet, I'm looking for people on here who really know that this is a challenge & not easy, I need motivated, creative people who are willing to share tips & receipes even, to help me with my weight loss & I will do the same. I won't even quit trying to lose weight! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• buffalogal1979
    buffalogal1979 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I know where you are coming from. I have been on MFP for almost a year now. I have lost 20 - and I am struggling with the last 10 - 20. Sending you a friend request.
    WE CAN DO THIS!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. I'm not going anywhere!

Holly
  • nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    you can friend me...I have my days too..hang in there!!
  • rebeccawible
    Options
    ADD ME :bigsmile: ! We all backslide sometimes! I know I have.:grumble:
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am sending you a friends request ! I will be around for a long time !
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing I didn't know I gained so much weight until I seen some pictures and notice I'm the biggest I ever been I would love to help you out
  • brenda_71
    brenda_71 Posts: 151
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request! We can do this together!!
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    I think my middle name should be YO YO! We can both do this!
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I know what you are going through! I've been on this journey for a year now and its a roller coaster. Send me a msg and friend me. I'm on here all the time and I totally get how hard it is!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    Friend me! After last nites food/calorie overage fiasco I have no reason to give anyone a hard time LOL
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    I'm here if you need me, I'm sending you a friend request right now....Keep your head up :-)
  • valz2000
    valz2000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request. Ive been on my journey for years and having people who support you through good and bad makes it easier.
  • jennelle130
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. If this wasnt a challenge we would all be skinny! Feel free to add me Im in for the long hall!! I have always quit every diet I have ever started but I feel like you just keep on trucking....even if you have a bad day start fresh the next day. Good luck!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    What great "friends":(

When you are down is when you need friends to push you the most. I'm here for good, even if my bad days turn into bad weeks!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    hi ya you say you had a hyster last year and now having weight issues have you talked to your dr on his as you may need hrt(horrmon replacement treatment)
    just a thought,
    good luck and add if you like :)
  • girlface68
    girlface68 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I will be a friend till the end, please feel free to add me as well. :happy:
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I too have experienced the hysterectomy weight gain. With the health issues that lead up to my hysterectomy I was gaining weight like crazy before hand as well. I had allowed it to set in to my mind that I was going to be fat and unhealthy for the rest of my life since nothing I did seemed to be working.

Then a great gal I met in Facebook said hey come join me in MFP. After joining I seen results. Not only did I work the system, but the system has worked me. Why has it worked for me? Well I think it is because it helps me keep track of everything and as I log I learn about the lifestyle change. I don't look at this as 'dieting'. Dieting is so evil! A person's diet is what they take in daily not what they deprive themselves of. In my opinion this is a healthy way to learn which habits we need to change. I am far from perfect, but I am finally seeing results! YAY!

One of the biggest factors of MFP for me is my support system. If it were not for the lovely people that motivate me to do well I may slide off again. Though I realize that fault would fall on my shoulders alone. When I am here I have a family to hold my hand. not to carry me through this, but to help me along the way. In reaching out and helping them it also helps me see I am not alone.

I am sorry that you had members leave you, but this happens for many reasons. It could be each of them had different reasons for cutting ties. I personally have had to do that with people that I felt did not mesh well with the life style changes I am making. I have only done this twice and honestly it bugged the hell outta me to do it.

So let's do this and make things happen for life! :drinker:
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    From one backslider to another...I feel ya! It is not fair to abandon someone because of a gain...just about ANYTHING can cause that(usually just water for me UGH!). Feel free to add me and we can get thru this together because that's what the site is all about...support thru the good AND the bad. It is unrealistic to think that just because you do exactly what you should that you will lose in a perfect way...this thing takes time, trial and error, and even a little disappointment sometimes. I don't know about anyone else, but that's how it goes for me, but the disappointments only make the success along the way just that much better.! You can do this with real friends. I'm sorry you had to go thru that but this site is mostly full of real people who are going thru the same things and you can count on them.:flowerforyou:
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You can friend me too...I am 50 and struggling with menopause and its difficult! Frined me, Im not going anywhere, win or loose were in this!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me- I try to comment on my friends' posts several times a week, and am in it for the long haul, as long as my friends recipricate! ;o)