Now What?

Options
OK..so the last time my son was in the hospital.. I hit my plateau.....for over a month because of everything going on.. until some lovely people here on MFP told me to up my calories..and it worked..I finally broke free from my plateau and lost 2 lbs. Well....my son is back in the hospital...and here i am.....with 560 calories left before I even hit the 1200 cal mark.. and no exercise either.. I really don't want to get stuck again..but how can I prevent it with everything that's going on?

Replies

• LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    OK..so the last time my son was in the hospital.. I hit my plateau.....for over a month because of everything going on.. until some lovely people here on MFP told me to up my calories..and it worked..I finally broke free from my plateau and lost 2 lbs. Well....my son is back in the hospital...and here i am.....with 560 calories left before I even hit the 1200 cal mark.. and no exercise either.. I really don't want to get stuck again..but how can I prevent it with everything that's going on?
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Oh no... Sorry to hear that he's in the hospital again.:frown: Is it going to be for short time? I will keep your family in my thoughts:heart:
    As for you diet make sure you do eat. YOur going to need your energy. Are you able to pack snacks. That would help you alot. Also don't be afraid to just eat what's available to you. Just keep the portions low and you should be fine. If you don't get to your exercises don't stress you'll get to them eventually. If you are at the hosp. all day then take walks around the hosp. inside or out.
    Stay positive:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Oh no... Sorry to hear that he's in the hospital again.:frown: Is it going to be for short time? I will keep your family in my thoughts:heart:
    As for you diet make sure you do eat. YOur going to need your energy. Are you able to pack snacks. That would help you alot. Also don't be afraid to just eat what's available to you. Just keep the portions low and you should be fine. If you don't get to your exercises don't stress you'll get to them eventually. If you are at the hosp. all day then take walks around the hosp. inside or out.
    Stay positive:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:

I think it will be only for a short time.... but you know how it is..they won't tell you anything until they know for sure! i ended up going to dunkin donuts and getting a bagel with cream cheese.. I know it's not the healthiest choice but it added some calories. Now I only have like 200 cals left..so I can live with that..I'm sure i'll make up for it hahaha!!!
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone (family or friend) could run to the store for you and pick up some granola bars, fiberone bars, and some peanut butter, crackers, bananas...........etc......just some things to get you by until you know whats going on.

Now is the time to take up your friends offer for help. It wil make them feel better too to know they are helping. :flowerforyou: