can you really eat more if you exercise?

Options
I am worried that if I take in more calories I will not lose the weight I want to

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    This is a good tool and has some good information but remember that every body loses weight differently. Try eating them and if that works for you...continue. If it doesn't , try not eating them. Every body loses differently! Good luck!
  • buffalogal1979
    buffalogal1979 Posts: 236 Member
    Options

agreed.
    Check out the links on this page for some very useful information
  • nursegessica
    Options
    Thanks. I was wondering too.
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options

Haha hell yeah!

Yeah, I'm a big advocate of doing whatever works for you as long as it's really working. Not eating your work out calories can deprive your body of vital nutrients and **** to keep you going. You might lose some more on the front end if you don't, but the back nine's gonna be a lot tougher to get through on 500 f'n calories. My two cents.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have to say I was not eating my calories back really and I was stuck. Not losing a pound. I started eating more and I have lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks. If your body goes into starvation mode it will not let go of what it needs so you will lose nothing.
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
  • ninamkd
    ninamkd Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello there! I am new to MFP, but I am very health conscious and have always been "physically fit". I use MFP to make sure I am not only intaking my allowed calories, but also the calories I have burned. I have noticed a difference in my performance and I have also lost a few more pounds by doing that. I recently fainted because I was not putting back in the calories I had lost, so it is so important to eat your calories in a ahealthy way =)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I burn about 1000-1800 calories 5 days a week at the gym. My trainer told me that it is super important to eat enough because my body will rebel and hold on to weight because it thinks its starving if I dont. My daily goal is at least 500 calories consumed after exercise with a max of 1000. It is pretty hard to eat that much sometimes but it is really working for me and I am losing weight pretty fast. So...yes. LOL