Fat g per day/ Is it bad if I don't eat enough??

funsover
funsover Posts: 39
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
I am supposed to eat 55 grams of fat per day and most days I am nowhere near that. Is that bad? Should I eat more fat????

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    not really, what to key in on is the source of those fats, there are good ones and there are bad ones, hydrogenated oils, margarines, any highly processed fat that has more than 1 ingredient really. Olive oil, macadamia nut oil, omega 3 fish oil, real unsalted butter, nuts, are all good sources for good fats. (the real butter should be moderated as its not totally unsaturated fat.) But with that said staying below your goal will not really hurt you so long as you get the good fats in.
  • BlueSkies_12
    BlueSkies_12 Posts: 74 Member
    I think i have read that fats help burn fat. Fats help me personally feel full and satisfy my hunger. I try to eat all my allowed fats and try to limit 1/3 or less of my total fat calories to saturated fats and the remaining 2/3 of my fat calories to the good fats (polyunsaturated and the monounsaturated). I eat almonds, walnuts, Omega 3 pills and ground flaxseed to help eat all my fat calories....
  • Newfiedan
    I think i have read that fats help burn fat.
    you are bang on the money there, good fats, complex carbs from unprocessed foods, and good sources of protein all contribute to fat burning.
  • Newfiedan
    I think i have read that fats help burn fat.
    you are bang on the money there, good fats, complex carbs from unprocessed foods, and good sources of protein all contribute to fat burning.
This discussion has been closed.