Hi, im new x and could maybe do with a few pointers?

Options
Hi im new here, and im kinda struggling, I have me back issue which are limiting my exercise, i nhould really see a doctor soon as i have a very pronounced dent in my back which make it curve inwards, and can make excercising very uncomfy...Any idea's what i can do ? to help push along my weightloss?

Replies

• khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Are you able to work out on a stationary bike, or would that hurt your back? Otherwise, swimming is a great very low impact exercise. Watching your food is also a MAJOR thing that'll help you on your weight loss journey.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    walk, walk, walk! And then walk some more. Yup, go see your doc and see what he/she suggests. Eat clean - that means eat foods that only have one ingredient - eggs, fish, turkey, fresh fruits and veggies, nuts (w/o salt), yogurt, cheese, flax.
  • polkadotred
    Options
    soo.well didint think of stationary bike?.im tempted to get a cross trainer but there so expenive.hm a tationary bike could work :) but.doe sit actually burn off Calories?
  • polkadotred
    Options
    Im trying to walk a little more, im slightly sgrophobic altho am a lot betetr than i used to bem at least im actually walking to drop the girls off to nursery rather than just getting a taxi 5 mins around the cornerx

alo sorry for any typos :/ the keys on thi netbook keep sticking or not working at all:/
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Try or see if you can rent a outdoor recumbent trike bike. They are great for people with bad backs and being out on a trail makes it exercising a lot of fun. And you can ride with the big boys then LOL
  • polkadotred
    Options
    Havnt heard of one of those i'll look into it x
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    try stationery cycling or rowing. swimming is an awesome low impact excerise.