NSV - Just walked a 5k

Options
I have been walking 3 times a week for the last couple weeks and my goal is to eventually be able to RUN a 5k. I started the C25k training last week and today we went out for a walk and I was able to walk an entire 5k without feeling winded. I know this is not a big deal to most but it is huge to me. I am so encouraged and can't wait to get back out there and be able to do it again tomorrow and see if I can improve my time.

Replies

• ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep that kind of mindset and motivation and you'll be running it in no time! Good luck on your goals!
  • bunnyb11
    bunnyb11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!!!! that is has become one of my longterm goals well is to be able to walk a 5k walk. i aim to get myself in shape to be able todo this by the end of the summer. i do walk whenever i can, but with this rain and cold weather her in TN right now it has been very hard.........Again hats off to you for doing it!!!!!!!
  • sweetsunlover
    Options
    fantastic every step is a big deal wtg
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    Way to go! I did the C25K program. Started it in June and went through, repeating weeks as needed, until about September when I let being busy take over for a little while. A couple months later I started it again, breezed through, moved on to the Bridge to 10K, breezed through that one, and actually RAN my first 10K today! You can do it! Getting the distance is the hardest part. Now all you have to do is work your way to running it.
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    Thanks!
  • NattyBo
    NattyBo Posts: 41
    Options
    Posted on your profile, but way to go! Keep it up and congrats on the NSV...great to push yourself.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful. I love the C25K program! I am on week 3. I haven't done a whole 5K yet. I'm getting there. I can do jumping jacks now though! Keep up the hard work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!