using netcarbs?!

Options
Some foods when I search them such as apples and things have options with netcarbs..is that okay to use or should I use the full carbs the item has?

Replies

• tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    I use full carbs, just to keep it simple.
  • carealot24
    Options
    If you are doing a low carb diet, you only count the "Net Carbs" on your carb count. Check to Atkins web site and it explains the difference between carbs and net carbs.
  • LadyT02182011
    Options
    The netcarbs is basically after they've subtracted fiber and any sugar alcohols from the food. I'm not sure how accurate those numbers are on here since some people have inputted incorrect nutritional information for some foods. I use the regular carbs and subtract the fiber myself since it calculates fiber content in diary as well. I subtract my own net carbs and I cross check nutritional information as well.
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    If you are doing a low carb diet, you only count the "Net Carbs" on your carb count. Check to Atkins web site and it explains the difference between carbs and net carbs.

Not always, I eat primal and we only count total carbs, primal blueprint is a great book and I recommend it to everyone, I have it on my kindle app. So it was less money
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Enter them all, but do pay attention to those carb choices with fiber, because they'll be an improvement over those without! Good job spotting the issue. :)