Wow.

Options
PedalHound
PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
So, I'm on a recipe rampage and loving it. I've ranted and raved about Clean Eating Magazine tonight (I promise I'm not affiliated lol) and for supper we had one of the gazillions of recipes in the current issue. Fresh, tasty, filling, fast, healthy, low on cals... can we ask for more?!
If you make this, it's in the database now under the recipe name. Give it a try!

Light Ensalada Rusa w/ Marinated Tomatoes

2 yukon gold potatoes
2 lg carrots
1/2 lg sweet potato (I used yam, it's what I had)
2 eggs (didn't have any so omitted this time)
6 oz tuna packed in water without salt (I used chopped grilled chicken, it's what I had)
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 cup peas

dressing:
1/4 cup plain low fat yogurt
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice (juice from 1/2 a lemon)
fresh cracked pepper to taste.

chop potatoes, (yam), & carrots, cover in water in med. pot with eggs & boil 10-15 mins until just soft. If frozen, add peas for last 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.

in large bowl combine potatoes etc., chopped peppers, diced onion & tuna (or chicken).

In separate bowl, whisk together ingredients for dressing. Pour over veggies, toss to coat.

Serve marinated tomatoes over salad.

Marinated toms:

chop 2 roma tomatoes and mix with 3 tbsp wine vinegar, cracked pepper and sea salt to taste. Chill 20 mins before topping salad.

serves 8 (3/4 cup servings). cals: 127 fats: 1.5g carbs: 19g fibre: 3.5g protein: 10g sugars: 5g sodium: 158mg cholesterol: 10mg

Replies

• PedalHound
    Options
    So, I'm on a recipe rampage and loving it. I've ranted and raved about Clean Eating Magazine tonight (I promise I'm not affiliated lol) and for supper we had one of the gazillions of recipes in the current issue. Fresh, tasty, filling, fast, healthy, low on cals... can we ask for more?!
    If you make this, it's in the database now under the recipe name. Give it a try!

Light Ensalada Rusa w/ Marinated Tomatoes

2 yukon gold potatoes
    2 lg carrots
    1/2 lg sweet potato (I used yam, it's what I had)
    2 eggs (didn't have any so omitted this time)
    6 oz tuna packed in water without salt (I used chopped grilled chicken, it's what I had)
    1/2 cup diced yellow onion
    1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
    1 cup peas

dressing:
    1/4 cup plain low fat yogurt
    1/2 cup low fat sour cream
    zest of 1 lemon
    1 tbsp dijon mustard
    1 tbsp lemon juice (juice from 1/2 a lemon)
    fresh cracked pepper to taste.

chop potatoes, (yam), & carrots, cover in water in med. pot with eggs & boil 10-15 mins until just soft. If frozen, add peas for last 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.

in large bowl combine potatoes etc., chopped peppers, diced onion & tuna (or chicken).

In separate bowl, whisk together ingredients for dressing. Pour over veggies, toss to coat.

Serve marinated tomatoes over salad.

Marinated toms:

chop 2 roma tomatoes and mix with 3 tbsp wine vinegar, cracked pepper and sea salt to taste. Chill 20 mins before topping salad.

serves 8 (3/4 cup servings). cals: 127 fats: 1.5g carbs: 19g fibre: 3.5g protein: 10g sugars: 5g sodium: 158mg cholesterol: 10mg
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    guess what i'm making next?

thank you for sharing AND for adding to the data base! :)
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    and just to clarify.. does your calorie count include the eggs? do you just hard boil those?
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    I just checked out the web site for this magazine. It looks awesome! Completely in line with how I think about food!!!! Thanks so much for sharing (endorsing) not only the recipe (which looks great!) but the whole concept! :flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    and just to clarify.. does your calorie count include the eggs? do you just hard boil those?

The nutrition info is for the recipe without my modifications. So the eggs are included. They get hard boiled at the same time as the pot veggies are cooking. I can see that the egg whites would be REALLY tasty in there. OOH! I forgot one instruction that will affect cals! You don't use the yolks :ohwell: Oops