OMG CALORIES.

Options
Today I went over my calorie limit by 327 !!!! and a little over the fats too..
Have you ever gone over too ? Will I be able to do better tomorrow?

Replies

• JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    yesterday (saturday), i was at home with the parents and family, and as always, i ate far too much!

too much sweets, pizza, pringles etc... i was about 1000 or so over. i was disgusted with myself, but weighed in this morning and their was no difference from the previous morning. SO, i realized, it wasnt the end of the world! i hadnt, as i irrationally feared, went up many lbs overnight.

i got back on today, and made it under with a few to spare :)

THOUGH, i wont be doing that every week. i felt sick from all the junk, cant do that all the time!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Of course you'll do better tomorrow!!! And 300 calories doesn't mean you'll gain, maybe just not lose as much this week.. so don't stress about it! Good job for holding yourself accountable!
  • MaysMom
    MaysMom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yes and yes. It's one day. You are not going to sabbotage yourself. It's okay, forgive yourself. Get back in the saddle immediately, not tomorrow.
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I was over by 1000 yesterday. A big lunch followed by a dinner out & nothing healthy sounded good so I had a burger and then a friend brought over a super delicious cupcake. I'm not sweating it. One off day isn't going to ruin everything for me. 350 calories is only 1/10 of a lb. Not a lot in the grand scheme of things.
  • ablueskier
    ablueskier Posts: 104
    Options
    I went over tWice this week and I have been under twice. I try not to obsess ov it to much because rememb, if you are set to lose 1 lb per week you are already running a 500 calorie deficit. So even after the splurge you are still below your maintenance calories.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    gone over multiple times, but then just have to get back on track.

Sometimes that actually motivates me to exercise... okay, is I went over by 350, then I need to do at least 35-40 minutes of exercise :) then my total will be back at my goal
  • kccat28
    kccat28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine! I usually give myself one day out of the week as a cheat day. 300 cals is NOTHING! Occasionally I'll go over by 1000 on a cheat day and guess what? The scale does not move! It's key to just get back to your plan, keep your activity up, and not be so hard on yourself. Just be consistent :)
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I do ocassionally. That amount isn't going to make you gain weight. But if you did that every day you wouldn't lose any. Tomorrow is another day.
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Yes :tongue: The highest being over 1000!!! I planned that day though, so I did not have any guilt. Actually, I am trying not to have any guilt over food at all (a big issue for me). If I allow myself a "free" day every now and then, it totally changes my attitude about every other day. One (or two) days over are not going to ruin anything....just start over tomorrow :drinker:
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    tomorrow is another day, full of opportunities to make better choices. the most common suggestion i've seen is to sit down and plan your meals for tomorrow before you go to bed tonight, thataway you know you can build in some leeway. then, you won't be surprised at the end of the day to see how many calories are in which meal, and you can adjust your snacks to fill in the blanks.

and if you need ideas for low-calorie, filling snacks, just do a forum search. there are TONS of ideas here, and many of them are quite delicious!

oh, and i don't know if you exercise or track you exercise, but when/if you do, just eat the calories back. preemptively: www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com. lots of good info. and now you won't have to post yet ANOTHER thread on the subject. i've seen no less than FIVE. and that's just today.

by the way, i'm super-jealous that you ONLY went over on the calories and fats. my sodium count KILLS me almost every day.
  • em_1284
    em_1284 Posts: 11
    Options
    I totally understand - I've done that before too. Don't beat yourself up though. That does more harm than good. No one can be perfect all the time. It's hard enough to stick to a new healthy eating plan and remember how amazing you are for making the effort. Don't get down on yourself. Look towards tomorrow and remember that you are strong enough to do this!!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Girl, please! I go over by at least 327 calories at least once a week I think! That ain't nothing...just get back on that pony and ride! :bigsmile:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    327 calories is less than 1/10 of a pound. It's not the end of the world. Just carry on with your normal eating and exercising tomorrow and don't let it stress you out.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with going over on calories. A workout can get that right back down to your alloted net calories, or you could just start fresh the next day. I work out at night, so I tend to "pre-eat" my exercise calories. If I don't burn it off, no biggie. If my weight fluctuates I hold myself, and only myself, accountable for the reason behind any increases. Don't feel guilty about anything you do, as long as you know you made the decision to be responsible for your actions.
  • mcointreau
    Options
    Most experts actually say it's GOOD to go over your calories once or twice a week -- then whole next day your metabolism will be much higher than usual! In this way, it keeps your body from getting used to the lower calories and slowing your metabolism to accomodate any dieting. It's called a cheat day, and you should schedule in one a week where you eat whatever you want :)
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Oh hell ya, I have!
    By over 1000 some days. :bigsmile:
    I'm still losing in spite of those higher calorie days.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I usually go over by about 300 once or twice per week.

Like today, I'm currently sitting at -324 -- Which means: If I ever get this homework done, I'm dragging myself the gym for a minimum of 45 minutes!

If it's truly the end of the day when it's too late to work off some of the calories, I try to eat that many less the next day, or over the course of a few days just so my week's total is on track -- Kind of like calorie cycling. If that doesn't happen, I just won't lose as much (if at all) this week.. And I hope to learn from that going forward.

I also try to plan my days ahead of time during the week. As in, I will go ahead and log tomorrow so I know what I can eat for the day, so it's planned out for me and I have less of a chance to make impulse decisions.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Pshhhht...I go over by 500 calories just about every Saturday. :bigsmile: Don't sweat it at all.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Don't stress about it.! Each day is different for everyone & just because you went over today, doesn't mean that you will go over 2morrow or the next day. But, I do think it's good to go over occasionally. It keeps your metabolism guessing. :wink:
  • lpummell73
    lpummell73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just don't give up..it will be good, everyone has those days!! You can do it!! :smile: