Exercise cals

Options
Carrie6o6
Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
I know Ive been around this site for a while now and Im sure this has been asked before... But whats the point of exercising if you just eat the cals you burned? (Ive never really thought about it until I started exercising haha)

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Options
    I know Ive been around this site for a while now and Im sure this has been asked before... But whats the point of exercising if you just eat the cals you burned? (Ive never really thought about it until I started exercising haha)
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    You build muscle which makes your body a more efficient calorie-burning machine.
    You gain muscle tone which always looks better than being thinner and floppy.
    You provide your heart and lungs with the opportunity to get stronger and better-tuned. (Read, live longer, reduced chance of heart disease and so on!)
    You get more oxygen into your body when you exercise which is great for your tissues and also helps expel toxins from your system.
    You give your metabolism a kick to keep it sharp.
    You keep your bones in better shape by working out - bone density is positively affected by resistance training.
    You give your body the benefit of better overall fitness which will allow you better energy through the day, better sleep at night, more pep in your step to keep up with life and kiddos....

Do you need more? I can do more... :tongue:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Thank you both it helps!! Danke danke! :bigsmile: