Yeah I see you, jerk

Options
2»

Replies

• JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    That's why I love my gym, seperate days for men and woman.

Jerk. He clearly is trying to show off to you, probably because he's into you. But still......JERK and how incredibly un-attractive.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the guys at the gym that try to make me feel like an idiot. Yeah, I'm only lifting 40lbs but guess what - I'm PROUD of those 40lbs.

There is this guy who has been following me around, watching me do the machines and periodically jumps in and does 5 super fast reps and returns to whatever he was doing before. Yeah. I see you. Yes you can lift big big weights. Good for you. Now leave me alone.

I go to the gym to feel better about myself. This guy can piss off.

I bet I'm bot explaining this well, but ugh he's just so sleazy and really starting to creep me out.

its not the amount of weight you lift but the technique that counts, I can teach someone to lift 30 pounds and get more out of it than someone lifting 60. Technique, I can not stress that enough, never lift a weight heavier than you can handle, meaning you should feel the burn on the last 3 reps. I see it day in day out kids lifting way more than they can handle and heading towards a hernia. Stick to what works for you and tell the rest to take a hike. As for mr. creepy just do what the previous poster said, tell him that your boyfriend can do better, he will get the hint to screw off and if he does not then talk to management.
  • cmowat13
    cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Next time he starts lifting near you, say, "Did your mom teach you to lift like that?"
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I agree...he is totally flirting. It sounds like he doesn't know how to though...lol He is probably just making excuses to be near you and being a male, he wants to show you how strong he is. I know I know...it is a caveman complex but they are hardwired for that stuff. LOL
  • AndyBee
    AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I thought he was flirting for a while but it just didn't seem like your typical "I'm hot stuff" flirting. It was more intimidation. I don't regularly go to that location, so I doubt I'll run into him again. If I do though, the staff will be hearing from me for sure.
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    sounds like he probably has a small winkie dink to me and he is trying to show off lol I bet he drives a huge truck too

HA! HA! Always trying to compensate for the lack of something.
  • LauRoxx
    LauRoxx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't have given it a 2nd thought.

I LOVE the fact that I do lower weights and I don't mind when other guys notice. I want them to know that I'm not trying to get buff, but sleak, lean, and all-around hot in general... and that they still need to help me move because "my girly arms need the help" ;)
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    He clearly has a huge crush on you. Sad that he has to show off to try to get attention! Why not try to strike up a conversation instead, or, I dunno, be nice instead of douchey?

okokokokok! I have a total b*tch solution. Wait for someone to not rack their weights after they use a machine. Walk up to the machine, make sure your stalkers watching... and pull the helpless little girl act, "Oh my! these weights are so heavy! How will I ever get them off?" And when he comes over to show off, make sure one falls on his foot.

Problem solved!
  • kimber_ruth
    Options
    Best. Idea. Yet!