Greetings...new to this here sector of cyberspace

sharellberry
sharellberry Posts: 3
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello Good People of Whoville! :smile:

I am simply following the instructions and posting a note to let you all know that i am new.
My name is Sharell, I live in Texas (and MAN is it HOT these days!). I am on the road to a new me! My goal is to lose about forty pounds. Losing the forty pounds will not put me back at my pre-baby weight (well...maybe i should not say pre baby cause my daughter is 4 years old!!!) but prior to being pregnat and a mom and having to actually take care of responsibilities i was about twent pounds SMALLER than my target weight i am trying to get to now...but hey...forty pounds is a start!!!

I am so serious about getting this weight off it is not even funny! i have to do it...for me. I am becoming a person i do not like (not wanting to leave the house...hate shopping for clothes, walking with my head down instead of holding it high, etc...) :cry: all of that has to cease!

I pray that i stay motivated and that i am a success in this endeavor.

I really need to learn how to eat (so sad...i have been on this earth for 28 years...and i really do not know how to eat...the right way) and also, i need to MAKE myself do SOME kind of excersie at least four days a week or five days a week. coming home form work and watching HGTV (and the Disney channel) allllllll day is nto cutting it!

I have seen the error of my ways.

I'm ready...lets get this party started!

Faith &Blessings,
Sharell

Replies

• Hello Good People of Whoville! :smile:

I am simply following the instructions and posting a note to let you all know that i am new.
    My name is Sharell, I live in Texas (and MAN is it HOT these days!). I am on the road to a new me! My goal is to lose about forty pounds. Losing the forty pounds will not put me back at my pre-baby weight (well...maybe i should not say pre baby cause my daughter is 4 years old!!!) but prior to being pregnat and a mom and having to actually take care of responsibilities i was about twent pounds SMALLER than my target weight i am trying to get to now...but hey...forty pounds is a start!!!

I am so serious about getting this weight off it is not even funny! i have to do it...for me. I am becoming a person i do not like (not wanting to leave the house...hate shopping for clothes, walking with my head down instead of holding it high, etc...) :cry: all of that has to cease!

I pray that i stay motivated and that i am a success in this endeavor.

I really need to learn how to eat (so sad...i have been on this earth for 28 years...and i really do not know how to eat...the right way) and also, i need to MAKE myself do SOME kind of excersie at least four days a week or five days a week. coming home form work and watching HGTV (and the Disney channel) allllllll day is nto cutting it!

I have seen the error of my ways.

I'm ready...lets get this party started!

Faith &Blessings,
    Sharell
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Good luck. With MFP and my gym time, I lost 30 pounds in around three months. I still have twenty to go. If you have any questions, just ask. I am still sort of a newbie too. (My youngest is 5 1/2, so I get the pre-baby thing, Oh I really do!)
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, and welcome!
    I definitely know how you feel about the "walking with your head down" and hating to leave the house! I was the same exact way! BUT, with the help of this site, I am sooooo much happier and proud of myself, and I walk with my head held good and high these days!
    Between the great, easy to use food counter, and all the wonderfully supportive people here, you WILL lose the weight that you want to! AND, it'll "almost" be easy! Plus, it's fun, and addicting too!
    I might suggest that you log all your foods BEFORE you eat, rather than after, as it tends to lead to making better food choices. You might also want to measure and or weigh some stuff, since sometimes we're way off with our "guesses"!
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Just wanted to send you a freindly hello, WELCOME to MFP. Really has helped and the support is great as well on this journey.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Your in the right place. :wink: My kids are all grown and I wish I had started this at 28 yrs old. That way my grown children would have had the basics of good eating and exercise. Instead I rewarded them (and myself) with food.

Great report card, I baked a chocolate cake for the celebration.

My point is, you are going to teach your little girl that walking, running, biking, gardening...all the things that burn cals are GREAT!

You will teach her that fruit and veggies are are friends and that a chicken breast on the grill is JUST as good as a cheesburger or hot dog.

My 22 yr old son is home again and came back over 200 lbs. Since I started my diet HE has lost more than ME!! :explode: LOL awsome.

Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • OMG...thanks everyone for the kind words and the motivation!!!! it is much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.