factoring exercise into calorie count

Options
how do yall factor in your estimated calorie burn from exercise into your count for the day. should you eat that much more or is there a way on here to compensate for that? i usually do the same exercise routine and burn the same amount each time. i do change it up about every other month or so.

Replies

• sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I am a little confused what you are asking. Are you wondering if you should eat back the calories you burned while excercising? If so, I would say yes, eat back at least half of them. Other people will tell you other things, but I find eating back at least half works well for me.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Enter it into MFP- it will facor into your calorie goal.

Because MFP incorporates a deficit before exercise, you should generally be eating the calories you burn back.
  • lanerichardson
    Options
    yeah i was wondern if i should be eating them back. i usually exercise at the end of the day after my dinner has been eaten. I drink a protein shake afterwords but i usually burn more calories than the shake.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    Maybe just eat more throughout the day then. If you do the same routine and burn X amount of calories, you know that you have X amount of calories to eat at breakfast lunch or dinner.