Grilled Boneless Porkchop w/ Brown Rice side

Options
Evening all, just got done with a really yummy dinner tonight and wanted to jot down the recipe in case anyone's interested in trying it out. It was a Grilled Boneless Pork chop with Brown Rice, Mushrooms, and Broccoli side.

Here's the Nutritional break down first:
For one serving: 582 Calories, 49 Carbs, 40 Protein, 90 Cholesterol, 6 Fiber, and 7 Sat. Fats.

Here's what you'll need for 2 servings:
(I listed the brands I used for the calorie count, might be different w/ different brands)

2 4oz Boneless Center-cut Pork chops: 272 calories each
Ground Cumin: About 1 Tsp (used for a light rub)
Coarse Kosher Salt: 1/2 TBSP + about 1 Tsp (used for a light rub)
1/2 Cup of Lundberg's Organic Short Grain Brown Rice: 180 calories
1 Cup of Swanson's Chicken Broth: 15 calories
1 Cup of Raw/Fresh Broccoli cut into florets: 30 calories
1 Cup of Raw/Fresh Mushrooms (I used Buttoncap) cut into pieces: 15 calories
1/2 TBSP of Bertolli's Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 60 calories
2 Tsp of Koop's Mustard with Horseradish: 10 calories

What to do:

Get the rice started first, it takes 50 minutes to cook. Pour the cup of chicken broth in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Pour in the 1/2 cup of brown rice, stir it once, reduce heat to simmer, cover sauce pan with a lid.

Next in a small bowl, mix the Tsp of ground cumin and a Tsp of coarse Kosher salt. Then lightly rub both sides of the Boneless Pork chops with this mix. Place them on the grill, I used a Foreman grill for this, cooked for about 20 minutes.

While Pork is grilling, drizzle 1/2 TBSP of Olive Oil in a small frying pan. Sprinkle in the 1/2 TBSP of coarse Kosher salt, then add 1 cup of broccoli and 1 cup of mushroom pieces. Saute for about 10 minutes, then add 2 Tsp of the mustard and 1 1/2 TBSP of the chicken broth. Saute for an additional 10 minutes or until broccoli is soft.

Add the broccoli, mushroom, mustard mixture to the still cooking rice, stir, recover, and allow to finish simmering.

Pork chops should be done by now, if yours are thicker, cut one and check. Take off the grill and allow to rest for a bit while the rice finishes up.

Once the rice is done, plate up and enjoy. I found the hint of cumin on the pork mixed very nicely with the light deli mustard taste of the rice/veggie mix.

Replies

• Joraimondi
    Joraimondi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I made the Grilled porkchop w/ Brown Rice tonight for dinner, What a great recipe. I hope you do more posting of your recipes.