Hopefully Someone can give me Helpful Advice...

Options
k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
I am very happy with my weight loss so far. I can appreciate that these last 5 pounds will not make a huge difference. However, I am stuck! My goal is to get to 150lbs. I have been at 155 exactly for a couple weeks now, since March 12 to be specific. I will gain a pound then lose it. I will gain 2 then lose 2. The last 3 days have been rediculous as far as my workouts are concerned. I have worked out twice a day and burned an 1300 - 1550 a day. Still no loss. I have become addicted to running and I run a lot. (5 - 6miles a workout)

How is it that a body can get used to that kind of running? 12 miles in a day? I would really like some advice on how I can lose a few more pounds. I usually eat any where between 1500 - 2000 calories. I am usually alloted about 2000 - 2500 to eat, but that is just a lot of food.

Please help...

Replies

• khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you're exercising about the same amount and eating the same amount, your body CAN get used to it. Try to shock your metabolism by eating more one day a week (know it sounds crazy, but it can help!) and do different types of exercise. Good luck! (There was a post on here a while ago on zig-zagging calories- do a search for it- could help!)
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I yo yo'ed the same pound for three weeks before the scale started moving again. Don't give up! And, I'm sure you realize the last few are the toughest. Think of it like being at first and goal with unlimited number of downs. Sorry, I love football! :)
  • alazarus
    alazarus Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I hear things about upping your calories or zig-zagging... like one day go over your calorie limit, then the next day go under... Unfortunately, the last 5 lbs. are the hardest to lose-- the smaller you are, the harder it can be to lose weight!

However, the most practical advice I can give is to mix up your workout-- after running so much for so long, your body is totally used to it and learns to run more efficiently, which burns less calories. Try mixing up your workout-- lift weights, ride a bike, go swimming... Anything that "tricks" your body into working!
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Try resting from exercise one day or maybe two. Keep your calories up maybe 5% less from your normal intake not with the added from workout.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Wow I wish I could run that much! Have you tried interval training? It mixes up low resistance. with hi intensity. If you have a HRM, you go 85% and recover at 60% for short periods. I do 2 minutes of hard running with one minute at a quick walk. I do this for 35 minutes. You can do this with any kind of cardio.

Also, change it up a bit. If you work out in a gym, do the stairclimber, elliptical, or bike, once or twice a week. Strength training will also give your metabolism a boost.
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Try resting from exercise one day or maybe two. Keep your calories up maybe 5% less from your normal intake not with the added from workout.

Might I add to this. Typing on my phone does not work the best. But what I wanted to say is when you work out extremely hard your muscles start swelling and absorbing fluids. You must rest every now and then and let them heal.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you're exercising about the same amount and eating the same amount, your body CAN get used to it. Try to shock your metabolism by eating more one day a week (know it sounds crazy, but it can help!) and do different types of exercise. Good luck! (There was a post on here a while ago on zig-zagging calories- do a search for it- could help!)

I agree.
  • R222
    R222 Posts: 13
    Options
    I would like to suggest doing interval training or HIIT. High intensity interval training. This keeps your body guessing, therefore it can't adapt as easily equals weight loss.
    Hope this helps.