Short girl trying to lose 30 lbs

Options
Hi everyone!

I am pretty new to MFP. I downloaded the app last week on my cell phone without knowing that there is more to MFP than simple food tracking :) I am 5'1" and currently weigh 158 lbs. I want to lose about 30 lbs. I have a daily calorie limit of 1200 calories. After reading some posts here, I ordered the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. I started on it yesterday. Today, my arms are completely killing me. I am dreading doing jumping jacks tomorrow :) At one point today, I just couldn't lift my arms anymore! Oh well. My main problem area is my tummy. Some people have even asked me if I'm pregnant. Weight was never an issue I had to deal with. First time in my life, I'm wayy overweight and really need to trim down. :-)

I'm looking for friends who have just started their weight loss journey as well.

Replies

• LixxiKitti
    LixxiKitti Posts: 116
    Options
    Hi! Im new here also, and also am 5'1"! my main problem area is also definately my tummy. I look forward to seeing how you're doing with everything!
    Lixxi
  • Poodlemom04
    Poodlemom04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi:

I am also a short girl trying to lose weight.

I have done the 30 day Shred video several times and have sworn my legs and arms would fall off and I stand up or sit down with out saying "Owww". My husband always laughs at me. But after you do it a few days it gets better.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm very new to this as well, but so far I'm absolutely LOVING it! I'm also 5'1" :) I've heard lots of good things about the 30 day shred too, so good for you for picking that up! Good luck on achieving your weight-loss goals, and I look forward to seeing how you do. Sending a friend invite your way!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    You can do it girl! The 30 Day Shred will help a lot! Just keep doing it and it will get easier and easier. I lost 16 pounds on the Shred.
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm also 5'1 and 158. My tummy is also one of my problem areas, but thats due to having 2 kids back to back. This is a great place to be, so good luck on your journey!!
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I hope to get to my GW and then keep it that way. Very happy to know that 30 day shred produced such amazing results for you girls.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Hey there welcome to MFP! Im also a shorty lol and Ive been on this site for about a month & half. I have the 30 day shred dvd and when I first tried it out I was sore for a couple days and would hurt when I lift my leg or arms lol but trust me it gets easier and helps strengthen your muscles as the days pass. Well good luck on your weight loss journey and feel free to add me if you'd like :happy:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm tall (5'4") but you can add me if you aren't too intimidated by my spectacular height.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!
    I'm also a shorty at 5' even. It seems to be a trend for shorties to have their issues with the belly (I know that's where my problems always been - and my shelf butt).
    I'll be starting 30 Day Shred tomorrow! I've done level 1 on ExerciseTV but got the dvd from my sis-in-law and super excited to give it a try! Hoping it fixes my problem areas since I'm finally getting closer to goal!!
  • emadigan
    emadigan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I was in a similar situation. I'm 5'2'' and I reached my all-time high of 162 lbs. this past summer, which on a short girl is a lot. I started trying to lose weight at the end of August and I discovered MyFitnessPal at the end of September. I have since lost 27 pounds. MFP was my lifesaver. I never would have been able to do this without it.

Good luck!
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hey I am a short girl too, I am 4.9 and 99 ibs, my problem area is my tummy and thighs but that could just be the way that I see myself.
  • ruhimaach
    Options
    Haha :) That was funny. I'm sending you a request.
  • gsallit
    gsallit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5'2'' , just joined few days ago, so far so good, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    I haven't tried the 30 day shred, but would like to. I am 5ft 3. I currently weight 158. I started my weight loss about 9 wks ago. When I started I weigh 180 lbs. When I started I was doing the home dvd workout videos by Leslie Sansone. One is called Walk Away the Pounds. I have about three of her dvds, I really like them. I have since joined a gym and do a little more physical workouts, but I think since I started out by walking and really watching what I ate that has helped me in being able to be more physical. I weight everything I eat and count ALL my calories. I especially enjoy MyFitnessPal. I also have it on my phone, its very convenient.
    I also will be sending a friend request.
    If there is anything I can do to help please don't hesitate to ask!
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" but I also carry my weight in my tummy. Friend me if I'm not too tall for ya! :bigsmile:
  • Bsong001
    Bsong001 Posts: 11
    Options
    Short girls unite! I'm 5'1 as well and looking to lose between 40-50 pounds. I've relatively new to MFP as well (about 35 days). Good luck with your weight-loss, if want some extra motivation send me a friend request :)
  • ruhimaach
    Options
    Hi!

I was in a similar situation. I'm 5'2'' and I reached my all-time high of 162 lbs. this past summer, which on a short girl is a lot. I started trying to lose weight at the end of August and I discovered MyFitnessPal at the end of September. I have since lost 27 pounds. MFP was my lifesaver. I never would have been able to do this without it.

Good luck!

I was 162 too, a couple of days back :) Congrats on your weight loss! We shorties always have it so difficult. Every single pound on me gets magnified 100X.
  • cabrouillette
    Options
    MyFitnessPal has been really helpful in my weight-loss endeavor! Best wishes! :)
  • mommomlynn
    mommomlynn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Joined MFP 11 days ago......my goodness your post sounded like you were talking about me....5' .....started at 155.....1200 calorie goal...and need to lose 30 lbs. Have lost 2 lbs. which I haven't been able to go in months! I am 60 so my matabolism is slowing me a bit and can't exercise yet (knee injury) but I think I have found the site to finally help me (and you). Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    Hey there! I am a shorty as well at 5'2". Feel free to add me as we all need to motivate each other to keep going!

Cheers!!