Why did I do it?

Options
Today was my first weigh in. I am down 4 pounds. YAY! GO me right? Well I made a mistake and stepped on the scale just a few minutes ago and it says I am not only back at my starting weight but .6 oz over it. Now I am second guessing my weigh in this morning.
:( Tell me that's normal.

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Normal. You need to pick a certain time of day and always weigh in at that time. Best time is in the morning, before eating or drinking or showering, but after going to the bathroom. If you can't do it then, just pick the time of day that is most convenient for you. Our weight can fluctuate a couple of pounds through the day just due to how much we eat and drink. Also, make sure you're wearing the same outfit every time, or with no clothes on. Clothes weigh something too, so if you're not wearing the same outfit, it can change your numbers.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    When you weighed this morning I am guessing it was early before eating. As the day goes on and you eat you will gain weight.
  • imgettinphat
    Options
    Yes it was after I woke up and used the restroom.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Very normal. I gain 5 lbs throughout the day, everyday. My clothes, everything I ate and drank, it is all in me, just hanging out, waiting to be digested and stored or transferred into energy.

If you are very curious, weight yourself again tomorrow morning.

If you can control your urge, wait a week and weigh again, in the morning, nude, after potty :) You are doing fine.
  • mkateweis
    mkateweis Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have fluctuated 5 lbs in a day, crazy huh. Like others have said, weigh in at the same time, same type of clothes for an accurate reading.
  • funauntsherry
    funauntsherry Posts: 41 Member
    Options

If you can control your urge, wait a week and weigh again, in the morning, nude, after potty :) You are doing fine.

definitely, I can't do it daily either it fluctuates too much to be productive and I don't want the results skewed by clothes and "stuff"... :)
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Many people don't like to weigh every day because it is too easy to get discouraged (among other reasons) much less more than once per day. If you do weigh everyday, don't give it too much thought until you can watch your progress over the course of a few weeks at least. Sodium levels alone can cause your weight to change because of water retention, etc. and it has nothing to do with your fat. Just follow your plan and trust the weight TREND.
  • Rollyrover
    Rollyrover Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    weigh yourself naked first thing in the morning before you eat anything. Clothing and food eaten through the day add more. for me its the best weigh and only weigh once. Scales are the worst thing to bring u up and down at the same time.