New Mom needs Weight Loss Support

Options
dab52776
dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
Hi! I'm Dawn. I just joined MFP today, and it seems like this might be just what I need to help me reach my goals. I'm a new mommy (DD is 3 months old) and I have about 45 lbs to lose. I can't say that it's really "baby weight" since I was working to lose weight before I got pregnant, but I'm just having such a hard time finding the motivation to get back on the weight loss journey I was on. I would love to find others with similar situations to help support and encourage each other!!!

Replies

• StabR80
    StabR80 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, you will love this site. I will send you a reguest :)
  • afries0907
    afries0907 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    this site is truely amazing! i had a friend reccomend it to me and i just love it. there is tons and tons of support here and more advice than you;ll know what to do with! Welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on joining and making the commitment to take care of yourself!! As mom's, we need to do that, right?? And you are in good company having the support in all of us here!

I will send you a FR too! Looking forward to track your journey.

Taryn
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn! Welcome to MFP. My baby is almost five months old, so I am in the same boat as you :) I will send you a friend request now!
  • dab52776
    Options
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! I appreciate the support. I think that I've successfully accepted all the friends requests, but please bare with me if I mess something up as I'm trying to learn how to use the site ;)
  • jenniefromtherock
    jenniefromtherock Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My baby is 41/2 years old, I am long overdue! Good luck to you and me both!
  • dab52776
    Options
    Jennie... good luck to you too! We can do this!
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Dawn, U will lose it by just keeping up with the little one. Keep signing on and we can give you some encouragement!! Add me if you like. This is a great site to learn to burn!!!
  • starryeyedsnoozer
    starryeyedsnoozer Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been blaming my wobbly bits on my babies but as my youngest turns 2 in a fortnight, I cant really do that anymore! Hence my determination to get back into my UK size 10 jeans. Add me if you like I'm always looking for new 'friends' x
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Hi :-) Welcome. I'll be your friend, lol
  • dab52776
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and encouragement! So far, I LOVE this site :smile: