uh-oh weekend

After a lot of the usual stress that comes with wedding planning and prep, my fiance and I needed to take a "vacation" - meaning we told everyone we went camping and couldn't be reached. What we really did was stay in all weekend and play Wii. It was great to not even go to the store or answer the phone, but of course that meant nothing but sitting and playing video games and you guessed it...

eating pizza. and some chili-cheese fries...

I promised myself I wouldn't get on the scale until this coming Sunday (which is my normal day for weighing in), but I stepped on yesterday to see what the toll was and I was up two pounds!

Of course, this sent me into emotional upheaval and then more worrying/guilt/disappointment about how I should've started this whole process MONTHS ago so that a two-pound weekend wouldn't matter so much. But with only a month to go and 7 (now only 5) pounds lost, it was too much to take in.

*sigh*

Replies

• After a lot of the usual stress that comes with wedding planning and prep, my fiance and I needed to take a "vacation" - meaning we told everyone we went camping and couldn't be reached. What we really did was stay in all weekend and play Wii. It was great to not even go to the store or answer the phone, but of course that meant nothing but sitting and playing video games and you guessed it...

eating pizza. and some chili-cheese fries...

I promised myself I wouldn't get on the scale until this coming Sunday (which is my normal day for weighing in), but I stepped on yesterday to see what the toll was and I was up two pounds!

Of course, this sent me into emotional upheaval and then more worrying/guilt/disappointment about how I should've started this whole process MONTHS ago so that a two-pound weekend wouldn't matter so much. But with only a month to go and 7 (now only 5) pounds lost, it was too much to take in.

*sigh*