Not new to the site- but new to the message board

Options
Hey everyone. I have been on FitnessPal for about a year now, but never have done anything interactive with other people. I just log in my exercise and food intake (on the week days at least), but have never posted any messages. Well, today I am changing that. I have decided I've had enough with my weight not moving because of my weekend binges and not holding myself accountable. I have gained about 25 pounds since college, and I'm disgusted with myself that I let it get that out of hand (I am 25 years old). I just would like to go back to when I was confident and happier with my body. This site has helped me realize how much calories can add up, however on the weekends when I eat so badly and do not exercise, I just do not log into myfitnesspal so I will not have to see the disgrace that was my diet... it's shameful, I know.

Anyway- so I thought I'd start blogging a little along my journey in hopes it helps keep me accountable. I want this so so badly and have used enough excuses. Enough is enough, and so now I am stepping out of my comfort zones and going to admit I need help and join the online community to hopefully get some support and motivation to STICK WITH IT!!! Thanks in advance if you take the time to read and/or respond to anything of mine. I will admit I will be in and out a lot because, like I said, this is very new to me and I don't typically do anything like this, but I have become desperate!!

Replies

• Rachel_wa
    Rachel_wa Posts: 20
    Options
    Good luck. I find the motivation I get from this site is extremely helpful. If you'd like to add me as friend I'll help to keep that daily motivation going!!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like.. we all need a little support I believe. Ive been on this site for about a month & half but started my weight loss journey in April of last year.. fell off but Im back to finish :) Good luck and you can do this!!!! :smile:
  • Cashley21
    Cashley21 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have just started adding friends for the same reason. I will be adding you!
  • Wildflower3475
    Wildflower3475 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It is hard to hold yourself accountable. I had that very problem today as I'm going through a really hard time and I'm not usually an emotional eater, but did today and was it ever bad. I'm finding I get a lot of motivation from this site and have found some truly great people on here to kick me back into gear. Feel free to add me and good luck on your journey!