Huge shopping spree today....

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
well i did it....i finally cleaned out my closet....the women's 20s, 18s, 16s and 14s i have been wearing or should i say swimming in have officially been replaced with..........drumroll please.............12s and 14s from ALL REGULAR STORES.........no women's departments shopped in today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i shopped at ny&company, ann taylor loft, macy's, jcpenneys and kohls today...

i bought 3 pair of cotton capris, 3 pair of denim capris, 4 skorts (2denim, 1 khaki, 1 RED), 2 pairs of cotton dress shorts, 7 short sleeve size L tshirts (dressier), a size 16 tankini bather and a L coverup, 3 pairs of L workout pants, 4 new XL (i like them roomier) workout tshirts....i tried on 3 very pretty dresses but just didnt feel perfect in them so i passed for now...

BUT the best part of my entire day besides my new full closet is that i now KNOW that no matter what i need clothes for: a dressy function, work, play, workout, casual - i can walk into ANY STORE on ANY CORNER and buy something....there will be a size for me....i no longer have to go to the women's department or special plus size stores....i have not been able to do this since middle school??? i called my mom tonight and asked her what size i was in high school and she said, 18-20???? i wasnt really sure and then i remembered the jeans i have from fashion bug still that i was just recently able to get into that are 20s...the are very very very straight legged with nooooo give/room so they might actually be smaller than a 20 but the label says 20 on it.....i have never in all my memory been a 12 or a 14????? i absolutely feel great....

here a few pics of my closet LOL...i'll add some more later of me in some of the outfits as i put them on...i'll take pics in the mirror each morning until i cycle thru the new loot.....

thanks for sharing with me the end of my amazing day.....you all have been a HUGE part of my most recent success and i will be eternally grateful for all the spectacular support i receive from you guys on a weekly, daily sometimes hourly basis....you guys are DA BOMB!!!!

empty space my old *kitten* took up...
52ada643.jpg

pile for good will with the new stuff on top for my friend helen....
81f9d0c8.jpg

new stuff on the bed ready to be hung up....
faba82f0.jpg

new stuff in the closet....
12e135bb.jpg
]

Replies

• rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Awesome and congratulations!!!! I am very inspired by your success, and can't wait to have my own shopping spree!! (I've been in juniors' size 17/19 jeans for the past 6 years or so, and my newest pair is getting baggy, yaayyy!!)
  • alazarus
    alazarus Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this story! It's so wonderful to reward your hard work! You totally deserve it! I especially like the one picture of all your new clothes with the treadmill in the background-- it shows how hard you worked to earn those pretty new outfits!
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    Sounds like an amazing day for you!! Congrats on your success...keep it up and enjoy the new clothes!
  • fluffy831
    fluffy831 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job! Enjoy the new wardrobe.
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Congratulations! This is one of my long term goals as well! I can really imagine how it must of fealt. No restriction or being relagated to a tiny corner of moo-moo's and jeans with stretchy waists! I can't wait!
  • ambermichk
    ambermichk Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    wow !!!!!! congrats hon, i am soo happy for you. 2 weeks ago i went out and got new jeans, size 18 and i felt like a million dollars, i have not been in that size for years... probably 7 years..... so i know how exciting it is...... i cannot wait to be like you and be able to shop in a REGULAR STORE !!! it is one of my goals !!!!!!
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hooray! And I love seeing the treadmill (?) in the background of the clothes-sorting. Way to go!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    one of the funnier things i remember saying today is nothing with a draw string or elastic waist....LOL....one pair of capris have a button and a string but the string will come in handy when they get too big LOL
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Woohooo....ShIne!!! What an accomplishment! So proud of you!!! I love the treadmill in the back saying yeah I got this!!!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    Thanks for all the support guys. It means a lot.
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Out with the old and in with the new great job on your success!!
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Well earned and well deserved!

Continued success. :flowerforyou:
  • amo13
    amo13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Rock on! I can't wait for a shopping spree myself! It must have been an awesome moment!! Good for you!!!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!!
    what an awesome accomplishment......enjoy your new clothes =)
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! We are all very proud of you!! And I hope to be there one day!!!
  • ZaidaOlivo
    Options
    AWESOME, WAY TO GO!
  • skhny
    skhny Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    oh how I can't wait to have my own shopping spree!! i was so stuffed into the clothes I was wearing they are just finally getting loose on me now! I can't wait to pack it all up and give it away!!
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    congratulations! Enjoy the new clothes!
  • danamfinn
    danamfinn Posts: 77
    Options
    That is fantastic, kudos on a job well done!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    thanks everyone....for all the well wishes...you are a great bunch...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!