My Polar

Options
Ok have a quick question with those that have Polar's.

Mine is the F7, now seems lately there is something not right while exercising. It is not picking up my HR.

I changed the battery in the strap thought that fixed it but it is acting up again.

Think it could be the watch itself??

Replies

• spaboleo
    spaboleo Posts: 172
    Options
    Do you wet the contacts on the cheststrap?
    Usually after the first few minutes of exercising this gets obsolete because the skin starts to sweat a little bit under the strap.

And do you wear it at the correct position? On the first abs right under the breasts?

I don't know the Polar F7's function in detail, but does it offer an option to pair cheststrap and watch?
    Maybe try to pair them again. (Should be something like pushing a button at the same time on both...don't know if Polar's HRMs do this anyways or if they just use a uniquely coded frequency...)
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    Oh ya the contacts are wet and all that jazz, with the polar there no thing to link them up.

And yup wear it right under my boobs, well as close as I can manage b/c I think at times the bra interferes.

Might be just a good reason to get a new one had this now for over a year :laugh: Mothers day prezzie maybe from the kids:tongue:
  • spaboleo
    Options
    If you only got that one for about an year, I woul return it for RMA-reasons.
    I don't know how they handle it down-under, but here in Europe the manufacturer has to offer you a 2-year warranty :smile:

btw: when exactly is mothers day again?
    Don't want to miss on that one :wink:
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    LOL May 8th :flowerforyou:

I did grab it of Ebay on the cheap so might get a "legit" one where I can use the warranty type thing
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    As silly as it sounds try wearing it upside down.
  • Julezebub
    Julezebub Posts: 106
    Options
    Do you use spray deodorant? I discovered recently that the chest strap wont work on skin with spray on it!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I tuck my chest strap under my sports bra and it helps hold it in place and I always get a good read.

I would goggle it and see what you can find. There are so many people out there with these things that I'm sure someone has had the same issue and hopefully figured out what to do.

If it's only been a year I wouldn't think you should be having these problems.

Good luck
  • spaboleo
    Options
    [...]
    I changed the battery in the strap thought that fixed it but it is acting up again.

Think it could be the watch itself??

Maybe try changing the battery of the watch :smile:
    I wouldn't do this on my own...unsless you have some experience in that. Because the watch maybe should stay waterproof :smile:
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i have the same issue with mine. mine is an old one, it's at least 10 years old, but still works. but sometimes if i'm sitting down on the rower or certain types of bikes, the reading is terrible.