Been off the wagon..

Options
So I have been off the wagon for about a month now.. Gained back between 2-3 pounds.. (I weighed myself after eating and drinking all day for the first time since I don't know when.) I'm not sure what made me slip off so bad.. I was SO motivated. Stress would be a key factor.. then vacation.. stress.. work.. stress.. 5 kids.. stress.. Excuses, I know.

I had gotten down 21 pounds in a little under 3 months.. I couldn't see the difference though.. Sure I could tell it in the fact that I was always having to pull up my jeans when I walked.. And that should be enough right? Nah, Not for me. I want to SEE it.. I want to notice my thighs smaller.. to know all those squats, lunges, and stair jogging was actually working.. I wanted to see a smaller belly.. so I knew all the ab work was actually working. Measure yourself you say? I did.. and yes, I was losing an inch here and there.. But I still couldn't SEE it in the mirror.. Silly I know.

And one would think that the fact that I am to be a matron of honor in my best friends wedding in 6 more weeks would be enough motivation.. Or even the fact that I have already bought the dress, and it's strapless, and at the top of the dress I have this little fat roll that I cannot stand!!! But no.. I would rather through caution to the wind, and just see what happens.. Which we all know what the outcome will be.

So here I am.. Jumping back on the wagon.. Bound and determine to lose this last 30 lbs.. I say 30.. Maybe 20.. I have been 20 lighter than what I am now.. But I felt I needed to lose a few more.. But I wasn't working out either.. So who knows what difference that will make. So I'm really praying the excuses that I call work, 5 kids, stress, and just life in general don't get in the way again.. Cause I really want to be in shape!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Well done for getting back on! I'm joining you on there, I'd fallen off as well, only for a few days, but that's history now, onwards & upwards!
  • Teran0612
    Teran0612 Posts: 263
    Options
    Or onwards and downwards.. As to the numbers on the scale!!! :)
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    LOL you're right!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :) I have been slipping off the wagon too and I'm not sure why because I also have an upcoming event that I want to look fabulous for and that's in just over 3 weeks EEEEEK. Let's get back on together and stay focused!

What kind of workouts do you do?
  • ashandbensmom
    Options
    I have to say that if you have been off the wagon for 2 months and only gained 2-3 lbs , then you were not really OFF. But, I do understand being out of the mindset for losing.

I did it a few months back. I had lost 100 lbs, got to my goal weight and then just got tired of having to work so hard.

Fast forward 6 months and I had gained @ 20 lbs! Yikes! I finally woke up the day after Valentines day and I have lost 15.6 lbs so far. Almost there!

It sounds like you are back in the right mindset. Good Luck on the rest of your journey. I am sure you will look great in the bridesmaid dress. You could do some real damage in 6 weeks!
  • Teran0612
    Options
    I don't have time to go to the gym.. So when I am at work.. I job flights of stairs, do presses against the sink counter, work out my tri's using the chair arms of the recliner, and lunges.. When I am at home, I do crunch work out videos.. Currently a sculpting one for upper/lower body.. and a salsa dance video.. Oh and a bootcamp video that I love.

I'm really hoping to get down at least 10 lbs in the next 6 weeks.. It will not hurt my feelings at all if I am able to lose more!!!!!
  • Teran0612
    Options
    And by the way.. This was the matron of honor pic..

226817_2007370434008_1536095154_2301514