Hi I'm Leigh

Options
Hey Everyone!! I'm Leigh. Just joined MFP this month. So far I love it! Just knowing how many calories are in what I eat has already changed the way I eat. Whew!! I have been eating poorly all of my life because I didn't know "the truth" about certain foods. Now I am hopeing to change that. I am still learning but I see a difference in my body already.

I am in the lower 200s now and have been for about 3 years. I have always struggled with loosing weight, self- esteem, body image and all the other things associated with growing up being a larger girl. Well I'll be 26 thursday and have spent my whole life not being happy about who/what I see when I look in the mirror now I'm on a mission to change it.

I am seeking motivation and good friends. Thanks in advance to you all '_'

Replies

• JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi, Leigh! I've been using MFP on my iPod and evo 4G for months but only found the boards a week or two ago. So far they are really motivating.

I'm 26 myself. I've struggled with managing my weight my whole life and really hope to get some off and learn to keep it that way.

I'll send you a friend request. :)
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi Leigh.... welcome...!

Add me as a friend, and I will try & keep you motivated.
  • anniebananie89
    Options
    :smile: Welcome! I know where you are coming from as far has your stuggle and im here to offer support if needed.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi Leigh. It's nice to meet you. :flowerforyou: I joined MFP in January & I too LOVE it. It's funny how you eat what you want & don't pay attention to the calories, fat, etc. I was the same way when I first joined. I couldn't believe all the calories I was consuming on a daily basis. And I wondered how come I was gaining weight. Boy was I blind.

I wish you the best in your weightloss journey. If you mess up and go over your calories one day, don't beat yourself up about it. Each day will be different (or it usually is for the most of us). Just remember to take it one day @ a time.

You CAN & you WILL reach your goal & I look forward to seeing your before & after pics soon!

GOD BLESS! :bigsmile:
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good morning Leigh!

Welcome to MFP...we are so glad to see you here... Everyone here is so helpful and motivating, I love checking in several times a day, really keeps me on track.

I'll send you a friend request, keep in touch we can help to continue to motivate and challenge each other...

Blessings to you and your family...

Diane
  • leigh_wilson
    leigh_wilson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I look forward to our journey!! ;-)