WOOHOO!

Options
So... I started week 3 of Couch 2 5K this morning. I SERIOUSLY didn't want to get out of bed because it's COLD outside! (I live in southern coastal North Carolina and it was 37 F when I got up to go jogging!) I hit the snooze a couple of times, and then I finally got up and got dressed. I stepped on the scale... I've lost 3.6 pounds in the past 2 weeks!

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*dances a jig*

I was dreading this morning. This week for C25K is 90 second run, 90 second walk, 3(!!!!) MINUTE(!!!!) RUN(!!!!), 3 minute walk (x2) OH MUH GOSH!!!! I thought I was seriously going to die the 2nd 3 minute run!! :laugh: I made it tho! I didn't hit my 2 mile mark tho! I've been trying to hit that since I started! The closest I've been is 1.77 miles. Today was only 1.46, but it was also only 24 minutes. Which is kinda strange... It's okay tho! I'm still over my calories burned for the day!

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on both the run and the not smoking! Oh and the weight loss too! Great job!
  • 4pence
    4pence Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That Couch 2 5k lol, I remember the first time running for three minutes it was horrible. What's annoying/weird is that on one of the weeks it goes from run 5, walk 3, run 8, walk 3 which was ok... then the next step is run for 21 mins without stopping!!!! I failed miserably and basically gave up :(
  • nachoqtpie
    Options
    That Couch 2 5k lol, I remember the first time running for three minutes it was horrible. What's annoying/weird is that on one of the weeks it goes from run 5, walk 3, run 8, walk 3 which was ok... then the next step is run for 21 mins without stopping!!!! I failed miserably and basically gave up :(

Oh my gosh!! Don't say that!! LOL
    Every Sunday I go "Oh my gosh! Tomorrow is *x* week and I've got to run *x* this week, starting tomorrow! AHHHH!!" LOL
    I'm seriously not looking forward to the giant jump to 21 minutes straight... but... I think I will be okay! If I have to... I will take a couple small breaks. I'm working up to running a 5k on 14May. I think if I can do the 5k in under 30 minutes... I will feel GREAT!
  • klynnp
    klynnp Posts: 25
    Options
    STICK WITH THE PROGRAM!!! You CAN and WILL do it!!
    I started training with the C25K program in July 2010 and ran my first 5K 9/25/2010, my second 5K on 10/13/10 and now I am training for a 10K!
    Trust me, when you cross the finish line of your first race, it makes it ALL worth it...it was such an incredible feeling!
  • nachoqtpie
    Options
    Thanks!!! I'm very excited about my first 5K!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!