How did YOU break your plateau?

Options
So all! I'm coming up to a 1 month 'plateau' - not long for a plateau I know, but it's getting a bit annoying. I know it's all part of the process, but it's sad to see no progress in pounds or inches.

How did you break out of a plateau? What changes did you make, or was it just perseverence and hard work?

How much did you lose after breaking out a plateau?

Hopefully this will give information for all of those unbroken plateau people out there and provide motivation :)

Replies

• ITSSODAMNHOT
    ITSSODAMNHOT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Change your work outs. I've been told a good way to break it, is to get into some other types of workouts. Muscle confusion or something like that. Hope this shed a little light.

God Bless!
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    I always mix up my calories. When I stop seeing progress I go one day without watching what I eat. I don't mean I eat cookies and cake all day. Because I have been on this site I am still making good choices, I'm just not logging after every meal or trying to stay within my calorie limit. At the end of that day I log and I am usually 300-400 over my goal. The next day I will be down 2lbs or so.

Might be worth a try. =]
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I always mix up my calories. When I stop seeing progress I go one day without watching what I eat. I don't mean I eat cookies and cake all day. Because I have been on this site I am still making good choices, I'm just not logging after every meal or trying to stay within my calorie limit. At the end of that day I log and I am usually 300-400 over my goal. The next day I will be down 2lbs or so.

Might be worth a try. =]

Hey .. i am also trying to break a plateau and agree with the above comment..if i go a weekend without calorie counting i am always down a few pounds...but then it usually creeps back on again..at the moment i have increased my cals...to only lose 1/2 a week and im changing my exercise..il let u kno how it goes...but good topic!
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    I was recently in a plateau for a month while doing the 30 day shred, I started couch-to-5k and started losing again! So changing my exercise works for me, or what has also worked for me before is eating too much! (although I wouldn't suggest that!) Maybe mixing your calories up for a few days to trick your body, so it's not getting used to what you are doing/giving it
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    definately as per above! change your cardio (makes different muscles work harder) and preferably mix cardio together (like a run then a ride back to back - makes muscles switch from one to another which creates a bigger burn)

change your diet by "tweaks", if something doesnt seem to be working after you give it a couple of days, tweak it again. dont go for massive changes in one day.

increase your water. It will help flush your system

do something challenging. Look at what you do regularly or do "well" and find something else you want to try or do that thing you have been dreading

keep consistency. there is no point going for a run and getting your food tweaked on one day if you go back to the way you were the next

eat for fuel. cut out the processed crap and eat whole foods that will fuel your body, and eat enough to give you body a chance to gain energy from it to burn

dont stress. Stress causes a chemical in our brain to tell our bodies to hold onto fat in case we need it as a fuel source later

It will move, some people just try and wait it out but if you listen to your body and try some tweaks you can up your metabolism again faster!