Hey I'm Sophie and I'm looking for MFP friends :-)

Options
SCC88
SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
Hey! My name is Sophie, I'm 22 and from south of London. I weighed 210 when I started here in Novemeber and I'm 190 now (probably would have lost more if i didnt slip off the rails over christmas and new year:blushing: ), trying to loose another 43. I would like to be added as a friend because I have no one to talk to about weight loss and exercise, my family are all slim and my co-workers have no interest in a healthy lifestyle. I've been seeing a personal trainer, been going to a skin clinic to have my cellulite sucked out and I've been taking Aali three times a day.

My latest obsession is completely cutting out processed foods and buying only ingredients!
I make soup stocks, breads, smoothies and sauce bases from scratch, completely cutting out the middle man and controlling my own levels of salt, fat, sugar etc. This all started when I became dependent of Weight Watchers microwave meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner LOL then i started to realise that;
low fat = high in sugar,
no added sugar = high in artificial sweetners
and that almost all ready meals contain twice your RDA of salt! I used to eat alot of weight watchers soups at only 50kcal a can, only to realise that they contain FOUR TIMES your RDA of salt :indifferent:
Moving on - I'm taking this to the next level and planting all my own fruits and vegetables, because supermarket organic, isnt really organic. All this obsessing, researching and cooking is the only thing that keeps my attention away from eating :laugh:
So I'm just looking for any friends who are as passionate as me about a complete lifestyle change! Or just anyone who shares my struggle! xx

Replies

• shandy32
    shandy32 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me if you like. im in Wales and i have around 70lb + to lose xx goodluck with yours xxx
  • RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    Options
    Hi,

I've lost 13kg since being here from January, "only" 24 left to go (!!!)
    Feel free to add me if u like?
    Good luck on your journey :drinker:
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Hello. Good job on your weight loss so far! I sent you a friend request.
  • niallse
    niallse Posts: 58
    Options
    Hi sounds like you're having an interesting weight loss / lifestyle change journey! Mine is not so interesting, but were all doing this to make ourselves happier and hopefully healthier! Add me as a frind if you like.

Another Surreyite ( Niallse) :smile:
  • dean0721
    dean0721 Posts: 143
    Options
    welcome Sophie,

Manchester here, welcome to MFP, some fantastic people on here and you will never be short of adivce, support and chit chat, feel free to add me if you wish ......

good luck
  • jannyiggle
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me, I don't have too much to lose but understand your concern over processed foods, they are so convenient that you can become dependent on them. I am trying to get my weight down now as it seems to be slowly creeping up and up!
  • _LA_
    _LA_ Posts: 111
    Options
    Add me too - we only do occasional processed foods (did a taco night last night and did buy the taco shells and seasonings kit! - and have picked up a couple of soy entrees to have around for days that end up being higher fat if I need a 'better fat' dinner, till I'm totally used to my eating plan..) and organic milk, plus belong to an organic produce co-op here in the States. Very concerned about hormones/chemicals/etc and def not an artificial sweetener person. Not even too much a low-fat person, the more you do to a food the worse off you are, IMO - great job on your first 20, almost halfways there! I'm just at the start and will be here a lonnnng while! :D
  • Smurph241
    Smurph241 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hiya I am fairly local to you in Brighton!! Friend request coming your way!! Your right it is nice to talk with other people who are loosing weight as eventually even your best bud will get bored of our little rants!! lol
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi Sophie - welcome on board!! Happy to have you as a friend if you'd like to add me. I'm in North Essex, but working in London. You're way ahead of me with your approaches to food - would love to keep up to date with your progress.
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for the support, friend adds and kind messages!! xx
  • eaglemonster
    eaglemonster Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Stick with it and the weight will go. Your welcome to add me to your freinds list; mutual support is always a good thing.
  • corbren2
    corbren2 Posts: 1
    Options
    :smile: I need motivation. Im from South Carolina. We can chat and keep each other motivated.
  • cdez80421
    cdez80421 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    We are all in this together !!!!
  • claudiandw
    claudiandw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi Sophie, feel free to add me too. I have lost 10 pounds since I started. I have some healthy recipe websites to share if you would like. Good luck to you!!! :smile:
  • rolandgig
    rolandgig Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sophie,

We have very few processed foods. We raise our own chickens (layers and fryers), turkeys, and sheep. We have raised our own pigs and beef. We get our milk raw and unpasteurized from a local dairy. We have a large garden for vegetables and strawberries. Freezing and canning takes time and energy, but we know where most of our food comes from and what went into them. It's a comforting and satisfying feeling. We also save money over time on the food bill. Along with the sheep, we have other fiber animals. My wife spins and knits.

Enjoy the thought that you now know what you are eating. Be proud of your accomplishments and branch out a little at a time. It is amazing just how much one can control.

Friend me if you would like. I am a 51 year old family man with a wife, seven children and a grandchild. I will warn you that if you do friend me, you may hear a lot more about my family. They are my joy and support.

Roland
  • em80
    em80 Posts: 91
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • LRaines4
    LRaines4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Everyone can feel free to add me as well! I am a 23 year old mother of two, working on losing the last of this baby weight, and doing it the RIGHT way this time!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hi there sophie, sounds like you're making a great start!

I'm from Worcester and have so enjoyed the experience of growing my own fruit & veg, there is little else as satisfying!

Feel free to add me as a friend, and best of luck on your weight loss journey!
  • CarrieLincoln
    Options
    Hi Sophie,

Looks like you are off to a great start!! Eating Clean is key! Way to go girl!
  • McBoBo
    McBoBo Posts: 87
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your lifestyle change & best wishes on your journey!