One week down! Loving MFP

allmet99
allmet99 Posts: 4
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
I'm one week down...infinite to come . And I have to say. MFP you are the *kitten*! I can't even begin to describe how helpful the ease of using the food diary, exercise log, weigh ins, etc, has been to me. I've always tried to keep a food journal. But I do it for 2 days or so then give up. Its just too much work, you never have all the nutritional information (or want to go look up every single thing), its not in an easy to read format, you have to do all the calculations yourself, etc. I'd give up quickly.

MFP is user-friendly. Allows me to get a quick view of what I have left for the day, gives me a safe and easy place to store/access all my data, and gives me daily accountability. I committed to writing down everything that I eat, in good faith. Meaning that even if i just have a bite of something, i'll write it down. I'll estimate the portion as best as I can, in good faith so as not to cheat, and i'm always refining my estimations, or measuring things out. And you know what, just knowing that I have to write it down makes me question each and every food to see if I need to eat it. That is helpful to me.

So I guess I just wanted to give a shout out to MFP, thanks for making something that had always given me headaches, into something that's quite a bit easier to deal with it.

Replies

• BlueSkies_12
    BlueSkies_12 Posts: 74 Member
    i agree! This site is sooooo helpful. I'm on my 3rd week and i love it.
  • Lulana
    Lulana Posts: 19
    Totally agree this site and all it's users are awesome, great job on the loss too.x
This discussion has been closed.