Gloves for weightlifting and kettlebells (UK)

Options
I'm getting into kettlebells in a big way but they are giving me bad calluses on my palms and finger joints. I wear a pair of Nike gloves but the material on the palm give no grip support whatsoever.

Does anyone know of any cheap-ish gloves which offer good gel padding and gel grips on the palm surface?

Cheers!

Replies

• happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I might get shot down here, as I know they are not "for purpose" but when I am doing heavy weights or weights classes - I use some bike gloves. :laugh:

Like you I've tried various girlie Nike gloves, 'workout style' gloves - and all last five minues and have no more benefit than wearing some magic stretch gloves from your childhood!

I wore my bike gloves by chance one day when I forgot my workout gloves, but they're amazing for workouts. Gel palms, reinforcements - and special sweat reducing fabrics on the outsides. They work really well!

I have these at the mo:
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/gore-bike-wear/power-womens-gloves-ec026831?query=gloves

Worth a try! :happy:
  • Russppt
    Russppt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a bit late on this one. Found a great little site that makes Kettlebell grips. www.gorilla-grips.co.uk

I bought a pair, real leather and work really well. Hope this helps. :smile:
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a bit late on this one. Found a great little site that makes Kettlebell grips. www.gorilla-grips.co.uk

I bought a pair, real leather and work really well. Hope this helps. :smile:

I've just purchased a pair, can't wait to try them out!