turbo fire?

Options
I just bought turbo fire online, so obviously I don't have it yet, but I wanted to know if anyone has had success with it. I was also wondering if anyone suggests going to the gym on top of the program, because that is what I do with 30ds since it's not that long.

Replies

• deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    I used it for 3 months. I did have success with it, but had to stop using it daily because of how hard it was on my knees. If you do go to the gym, I would suggest maybe some strength training but that's about it. You will get more than enough cardio from this program.
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing TurboFire, but I am doing another Chalene program, ChaLEAN Extreme. I love Chalene--she's awesome and SO motivating!! You'll love it--it's very high energy and honestly everything you need to keep you going for the next 90 days and beyond will come in the box. Just take the time to read everything and commit to following the program and you'll do great!

I plan to do a TurboFire/CLX hybrid next! :D
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    My girlfriend had HUGE success with it. She's lost almost 30 lbs and we both loved it so much we became Turbo Kick instructors. Good luck!
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Doing it for 2 1/2 months and I am on my last 2 weeks on the 90 day program. I love it and it has helped me drop the 23 lbs that I have lost. It can be hard on the knees but most of the time it is because your form has to be on point making sure your knees don't go out over your toes. When that happens you can mess up your knees. You don't have to do the jumping and hard bending because there is a modifier on every video and I used her because I have a bad knee from an accident. I started with the modifier but have now been able to most moves unmodified now that I have gotten stronger and lighter, LOL

I don't think you need to go to the gym on top of doing the workouts because you can easily burn from 500-600 calories per workout if you push at a high intensity, just remember high intensity doesn't mean high impact. You can do low impact meaning no jumping and still bring mega intensity! It works and i think your gonna love it!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Just started TF yesterday after 4 years of Turbo Jam.

My first impression wasn't great considering it had the identical warm up to turbo jam but the music wasn't as good - wasn't as well coordinated and its 2x the price of TJ but hopefully I'll like it more when I do the HIIT DVD's.

I bought mine new/sealed for $50 then sold it plus another one for $122 each and just kept a burned copy for myself so it's already making me happy for reasons other than fitness, lol!
  • Aolani98
    Aolani98 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been working out with friends since January 1 and have lost a total of 16 lbs. We are using Turbo Fire and changing up the workouts as well. We are also using her old series Turbo Jam. We work out 5-6 days a week at 45 min on cardio days. two days a week we are using free weights and doing Chalene's weights program. I hope all this information helps. One question for you... how long did it take you to lose your 18lbs and what were/are you doing? I'm impressed and curious.
  • devbabexo
    devbabexo Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank you everybody for you advice. I am really so so so excited! And to aolani, I started January 17th and at first I used the gazette or gazelle I can't remember the name. Its in my living room. I seriously lost the first 5 pounds doing that and then I started going to the gym. I started with doing the elliptical for 32 minutes (2 minutes to cool down) and worked my way up to a higher resistance which filled my need for cardio and also helped build the muscles in my legs. On top of that I do weight training 3x a week and then after all that is done, I burn an extra 150 calories or so walking at 3 MPH on the treadmill at a high incline. That's basically all I've been doing. Oh and I stick to my 1200 Cal diet like crazy. And I don't eat my exercise calories. Uhm I guess that's it :)