A day to cheat?

Options
Maggiemaelynn
Maggiemaelynn Posts: 17 Member
Does anyone have 1 day that they do a little cheating? Im not talking sugar overload! lol I do its on sundays when Im spending time with the family! I eat great all day but at dinner I dont count any calories. Small portions, bigger salad, and a dessert.

Anyone else?

Replies

• mjanet
    mjanet Posts: 54
    Options
    I also usually have a cheat day, either saturday or Sunday. Just depends, but I found that this helps during the week because I'm not binging or craving anything which in returns helps stay on track. I mean why not, it's not a diet that I'm on, it's a lifestyle change. :)
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    My wife wont let me!
  • RZO42488
    RZO42488 Posts: 64
    Options
    Cheating/binging.......whatever you want to call it is a good way to curve cravings as well as keep your metabolism on track. I usually do one binge meal a week and work out extra hard to compensate. I would tack everything you eat though, that way you can see what you did and how hard you need to work to make up for it.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Quite possibly the best thing you can do while on a diet is take one day and eat extra calories. I do it as part of the spike diet and it really helps me to lose weight.
  • Maggiemaelynn
    Maggiemaelynn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great input! thank you! i splurged a little tonight actually and had 3oz of stuffed shrimp with a big salad. It was so yummy. dessert was a glass of wine. Date night with the hubby tonight and it was nice!
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    If you exercise extra hard to make up for it then its not a cheat day, youi are just eating your exercise calories:smile:
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat day. The only thing that remains constant are my breakfasts. Come real late Friday night until Saturday night, I have whatever I want. I do mean, whatever I want. When I started tracking Saturdays, things slowed down to almost a screeching halt for me.
    Since, I've moved my activity level up and I'm back to doing whatever I want for Saturdays, I'm losing again.

Edit: I don't workout on my "cheat" day, either. It's my total free day to do what I want and gives me something to look forward to each week. No, I don't have trouble getting back on track, either.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It wasn;t really PLANNED, my daughter got REALLY sick and we've been to and from the dr. and ER the last 3 days, but Wednesday and Thursday I "cheated" although I did still stay around 2000 both days and it actually KICKSTARTED my weight loss again. I had been going kinda slow again but that day I lost 1lb followed by an additional 0.4lbs.

So although I wouldn't, and shouldn't, do it often once a month would be alright for me. More than that and it might trigger some old bad habbits.