Motivation & Secret Weapons!

Options
heatherhart
heatherhart Posts: 113 Member
Hello Everyone! I just what to see what everyones secret weapon is for weight loss? What helps you lose weight or what keeps you motivated? Any good snack that you love? Anyone please feel free to add me Thanks & good luck to everyone on there weight loss journey!

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I just do it because it's what keeps me healthy and some days I have no motivation, but do it anyway! :o)

I also like how I look thinner vs a big ol wiggly jiggly girl..... so vanity purposes as well.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Drinking water and tea helps me out. If I am hungry and it's not quite time I go for those. Not very unique, but effective. Oh, and all the folks here to encourage each other.

I do a monthly check in with my personal trainer and I like to make progress that makes her smile. She does a good job and I want her to have a success story in me.
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My secret weapon, in general: Education

Yeah, I'm learning everyday about:
    Nutrition
    how affects of calories from the foods that I love to eat
    how to keep up with my plan and not dwell on past mistakes
    how to plan, make a goal and follow it
    how its more about making choices than anything else....every "no" to a doughnut, is "yes" to slimmer me
    how its not about diet foods, but the foods that make up my diet; how they fuel my body and the portions I eat.

My secret weapon for motivation: Performance & Anything Else
    Simply put, I love to play tennis...and getting healthier has had a huge impact on my performance, in turn my love for sport and ultimately motivates me to continue to stick to my plan for a healthier me.
    To my surprise, I'm finding motivation in so many way, sometimes its reading other people's success stories, seeing their progress in their "tickers".
    The journey itself has been motivating, I'm not measuring or weighing myself everyday.....but the other day I noticed that I've dropped down several notches on my belt; and its only been a month and half. Then realized that in another month's time I'll need to buy new belts and clothes! For me it was a great feeling, and that has helped me to continue. So yeah, I agree with mhanson18, part of it is vanity. (By the way, many kudos to her for her continue success; awesome job).
  • BeyondApril
    BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Water is my secret weapon - I try to drink 16 oz by 11am, then another 16 oz by 1, then another by 5. I would drink more into the evening, but that whole getting up at night to pee is awful!

I have also found that writing in the journal what I am about to eat will sometimes make me stop and think - WAIT! It's that many calories??? So instead of eating a large handful of almonds (probably 25) I only ate 6 and added a clementine today.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I think being mindful of what I'm eating and listening to my body has helped. I could never tell when I was full until much later but I now know when to put the fork down and feel no pressure to finish anything if I can't eat anymore. I use to have that mentality of 'shouldn't waste food' but I'll only suffer in the end if I carried on!! I think trying to eat the same portions as my boyfriend in the past was a bad idea too! So lady portions for me now!

When I crave for crunchy things I tend to snack on cucumbers or any healthy alternatives instead of reaching for the crackers.

I've been writing a food journal for a year long before I discovered MFP so that has helped a great deal. It helps me keep on track of my intake and understand how my body responds.
  • ampjorgensen
    ampjorgensen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello haha is a good secret weapon made with carbonated flavored water from walmart with some fat free whip topping :) also fruit smoothies for breakfast or ice skim milk and fat free cappucino mix blended helps with those coffee drink cravings
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!