HELP!

Options
I need help!!!!!!! I just tried to space all my eating 3 hours apart but If i did that I would be eating dinner at 10:30 lol. So I guess I need to figure out a plan where my foods span from 10:30 to 9:30pm...with a snack a little later any suggestions? I usually go to bed around 1 or 2 am

Replies

• Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    canyou switch dinner with a snack? i have dinner around 6 n around 8 i have a little snack 100 cals or so
  • danamfinn
    danamfinn Posts: 77
    Options
    Eat when you are hungry, but eat small meals and snacks through out the day. Try not to eat any carbs or heavy meals after 6pm. Try skinny cow 100 calorie ice cream bars for dessert around 8pm, they are soooooo yummy!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    There is no evidence that eating many small meals a day does anything to improve your metabolism at all. It also does not keep your blood sugar down, in fact many small meals a day contribute to a higher blood sugar level throughout the day. Unless you find you cannot maintain your calories within your calorie budget without eating all those meals, just eat when it works for you.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I think that 9:30 is a bit late for dinner myself. I would try something like 7 for breakfast, mid morning snack around 9-10, Lunch 12-1, mid afternoon snack around 2-3, and dinner 6 ish. Of course your schedule will dictate what you can do, but that's just a general guide.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I genreally wake at 11am, have breakfast. At 1 i have a snack, 3 i have lunch, 5 i have a snack and 7 or 8 have dinner. if im still hungry after that i have a light snack around 9 or 10 (a few carrots, a small bowl of popcorn, a sugar free fruit cup, or sugar free pudding cup, string cheese, something along those lines) and go to bed around midnight or 1.

Everyones schedule is different. But instead of a 3 hour schedule, try a 2hr schedule, ull see it fits better. then around meal times u wont feel starved and eat extra. alot of people think "Every 2 hours, thats ridiculous" but im not saying to have some big thing every two hours, just a small snack, something u could carry with u in ur purse if needed to work or different activities. My meals were getting so low cal that i had to increase my snack size in order to get my calories up, but this may not be the case for u.

Somedays I wake up earlier so then my schedule of my first meal changes but i always stick to the 2hr schedule, even if theyre at different times of the day sometimes.

idk if rileysowner is correct about eating small meals doesnt improve blood sugar or metabolism, however, eating so many small meals helps me dramatically with not over indulging at meal times. id be starved at dinner time if i had to wait 4-5hrs without eating since lunch time and eat double the amount and find that 4oz of meat wont fill me, and a large basic salad does nothing for me.