Cellulite

Options
Dose anyone know a product that will work or even help with cellulite? Their are so many out their. I don't want to spend money on a scam.

Replies

• casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Dose anyone know a product that will work or even help with cellulite? Their are so many out their. I don't want to spend money on a scam.
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    AVON carries some good products for that. You can just look at their website.
  • eriquita
    eriquita Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm using the one by Nivea(gel and pills),Not sure if they work because I just started using them last week
  • FitMomof3
    FitMomof3 Posts: 147
    Options
    I was just reading about this in Fitness and it said that there is really no way to get rid of it, but exercise can help to make it less noticible and keep it from getting worse. HTH
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I know Arborne sells one that I found worked. It is a shower gel, and lotion combo. I have also heard that just warming the area with applied pressure and lotion and really help reduce. Might be time to start pampering with massages. :wink: Or just try some dollar store lotion and really rub that area good every night.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    There's no miricle cure for cellulite, sorry guys. Cellulite is fat that is being pressed against the skin, the only way to make it go away is to reduce the fat. The person who makes that product will be monitarilly on par with Warren Buffett and Bill Gates in short order.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    There's no miricle cure for cellulite, sorry guys. Cellulite is fat that is being pressed against the skin, the only way to make it go away is to reduce the fat. The person who makes that product will be monitarilly on par with Warren Buffett and Bill Gates in short order.

Banks... no offense (I LOVE YOU DEARLY) but I think for the first time since I've been on MFP I'm going to disagree with you a little bit on this one. *GASP!* :noway:

I agree with the definition you used "Cellulite is fat that is being pressed against the skin" but I think (and this is just me "thinking") that there is more to it than that. I have read that heredity, body composition, age, sex, etc. all have something to do with cellulite and even stretch marks for that matter. The reason I say this is I know thin, VERY fit ladies that still have to battle both cellulite and stretch marks.

Over all though I agree that a healthy diet and regular exercise will help keep both away the best. :bigsmile:

Do you still love me, Banks!?!?!? :sad:

:heart: Kris
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Yeah, even Jillian Michaels (the trainer from the Biggest Loser) says that she has cellulite, and I am sure her body fat % is very very low.

Mine has definitely gotten less noticeable since I've been losing weight, but I seem to get cellulite everywhere. Even the tiny bit of fat on the back of my calves has that 'dimply' look if I get it from just the right angle! I have also heard that massage can help, but I do not know if there have actually been any studies on what sort, how long, how often, etc. etc.
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    I know Arborne sells one that I found worked. It is a shower gel, and lotion combo. I have also heard that just warming the area with applied pressure and lotion and really help reduce. Might be time to start pampering with massages. :wink: Or just try some dollar store lotion and really rub that area good every night.

I am glad to see that someone has tried the Arbonne stuff. I just ordered it and was in hope that it will work.:smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

Banks... no offense (I LOVE YOU DEARLY) but I think for the first time since I've been on MFP I'm going to disagree with you a little bit on this one. *GASP!* :noway:

I agree with the definition you used "Cellulite is fat that is being pressed against the skin" but I think (and this is just me "thinking") that there is more to it than that. I have read that heredity, body composition, age, sex, etc. all have something to do with cellulite and even stretch marks for that matter. The reason I say this is I know thin, VERY fit ladies that still have to battle both cellulite and stretch marks.

Over all though I agree that a healthy diet and regular exercise will help keep both away the best. :bigsmile:

Do you still love me, Banks!?!?!? :sad:

:heart: Kris

NO, I HATE YOU NOW!!! :tongue:

LOL, naw just joshin,

While I agree that there are genetic factors that pre-dispose certain people to what is commonly termed as cellulite, I was talking more about the ability to change cellulite once it appears rather than whether you are going to have it or not. Basically, if you are pre-disposed to it, then the only way to avoid it showing up is to make sure the cells that would normally bloat up (once we reach adulthood, you don't ever grow more fat cells, basically all that happens is that the ones there fill up with fat) stay empty. And we all know how to do that right?........ yep, eat right and exercise.

So in essence, I completely agree with you that certain people are more likely to have cellulite, I was just trying to describe the only way to be rid of it once it appears for the long term.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I agree Banks... thanks for the clerification! Heehee!!! :tongue:

I'm glad you still like me!!! :drinker:
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all this info.:happy: