Replies

• xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'll be anxious to know too, in 12 weeks we leave for a 4 week trip! 2 of the weeks are going to be at a beach house, so we'll do most of our eating there. I'm thinking of packing a small cooler with fruit, and veggies and taking tuna snack packs. My biggest problem is that as I drive I like to snack. I used to use peanut butter M&Ms, not sure what I can replace this with, maybe something like sunflower seeds..? I'm going to try for an 80% healthy plan.. We shall see.
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    Me too going on a cruise Apr 25 - Apr 29 HELP!!!!!!
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a weekend trip (a lot shorter, i know)- If you are staying somewhere with a kitchen/kitchenette, can prepare some of your own food, or if you have a fridge, that helps a lot too- can stock up on fruit and veggies. The cooler is great! I also munch while I drive to stay focused, I was snacking on red pepper strips I'd cut up, and snowpeas/baby carrots. I also had a couple little packs of hummus and flatbread, though I didn't need to resort to that. Turkey sausage sticks can be good as well. Maybe some grapes or mini rice cake things?
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    It's challenging but I'd say to try asnd bget in some kind of exercise. It may not be your regular routine but walking, a quick jog, kickboxing/shadowboxing, and yoga can be done in a small space.
    As far as food goes see it's tricky depending on what the group you're going with wants to get. Do a bit of online research before you leave on the restrauants in the area. Most have a downloadable menu and some even have nutritional content available. If neither of these will work then you'll just have to play it by ear and try to avoid anything that is:
    - greasy, fried
    - served with a cream sauce
    - loaded with excess carbs (corn, beans, bread)

I hope this helps. Good luck and have fun!