Christmas Fitness Challenge Check in ~ November 25

NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Good morning everyone! We have quite a few exercisers for this challenge! Let's keep it that way until the END of the challenge! Everyone, stick with it! You won't be sorry! What will you be? Stronger, healthier, and lighter! Woo hoo! How's that for an excellent Christmas Present?!

So, I did go ahead and hop on my bike last night for a 30 min @75% heartrate ride. I was doing more 55% heartrate workouts but I'm really liking the 75% workouts that I started for Thanksgiving week. I guess that I should mix them up some... Since I didn't get in my strength training dvd yesterday (surprise, surprise) I will work really hard to make some time to do that today.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Enjoy the day!
Niccole

PS About the Black Friday shopping - I love to get out there each year. I've never had any experience with aggresive people pushing and shoving. I'm never going for the 'big' things though. I'm just one of those people that enjoys giving my family a little better lifestyle than we could otherwise afford if not for my superior shopping skills! :wink: I did treat myself to a cashmere sweater from Old Navy to celebrate my 23 lbs lost - it's something I would never have owned had I not gotten such a great deal on it. And, it's SO soft! And, it looks pretty darn good on me! :laugh:

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Good morning everyone! We have quite a few exercisers for this challenge! Let's keep it that way until the END of the challenge! Everyone, stick with it! You won't be sorry! What will you be? Stronger, healthier, and lighter! Woo hoo! How's that for an excellent Christmas Present?!

So, I did go ahead and hop on my bike last night for a 30 min @75% heartrate ride. I was doing more 55% heartrate workouts but I'm really liking the 75% workouts that I started for Thanksgiving week. I guess that I should mix them up some... Since I didn't get in my strength training dvd yesterday (surprise, surprise) I will work really hard to make some time to do that today.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Enjoy the day!
    Niccole

PS About the Black Friday shopping - I love to get out there each year. I've never had any experience with aggresive people pushing and shoving. I'm never going for the 'big' things though. I'm just one of those people that enjoys giving my family a little better lifestyle than we could otherwise afford if not for my superior shopping skills! :wink: I did treat myself to a cashmere sweater from Old Navy to celebrate my 23 lbs lost - it's something I would never have owned had I not gotten such a great deal on it. And, it's SO soft! And, it looks pretty darn good on me! :laugh:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    2nd day of Christmas fitness challenge Sat., Nov. 24

45 minutes recumbant bike (light)
    20 min.calisthetics

still on track
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Yesterday was a light 30 minute walk in the morning and 35 minutes on the elliptical in the afternoon. Today will be hard to make the calories as it's Thanksgiving with my family. I'm borrowing a Wii from a friend, so maybe that will burn some of those calories :tongue:

Way to go Nicole on losing 23 lbs!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    It was so gloriously sunny out here that I took off for a 60 minute power walk. I still haven't done the strength training but maybe I could work it in this afternoon. Congrats on the weight loss Nicole, I didn't go out Black Friday but did enjoy shopping yesterday. I came home with two new pair of pants in size 12! I couldn't believe it when I had to go get a smaller pair. I had the biggest smile on my face when I came home and showed my hubby.:bigsmile: Thank you for mfp!
  • yuna2003
    yuna2003 Posts: 35 Member
    HELLO EVERYBODY:flowerforyou:

Today is my 3rd day of mfp and also my 3rd day of a new way of life:bigsmile:
    I lost 2 lbs so far but they dont count to me as much as how i feel physically cause i feel GREAT!:heart:
    and I no longer hate looking in the mirror cause i know im doing something about it! thanks you guys
    for all the support and great ideas :love:

any way more to the point I took an early morning power walk again (30 min) even though it was freezing I loved it !! :tongue: but i might skip the weights for today and dancing cause im a little sore so we'll see i'll keep ya guys updated!

Everyone, congratz! for any weight you've lost and any exercise you did !:drinker:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    short (20 minute) walk and 60 minutes of yoga. (my mellow day)

congrats on the new pants, kjllose....that's the best feeling.
  • dkinne34
    dkinne34 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi Everyone,
    I am fairly new to this site. I like the challenge I just wish that I had someone to workout. My husband workouts seven days/week but unfortunately we work different shifts so we can't do this together. I am not sure if anyone is familiar with the show the BIGGEST LOSER but what a motivating show. It talks about weight loss and tips. The journey continues.