looking friends :) and recipies !!

melissahann2010
melissahann2010 Posts: 44
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
HI my name is Melissa, I have started my weightloss journey on Jan 5th 2011, Since joining MFP i have realized that I m not the only one going through a rough time. I have lost 24 pounds so far and still look in the mirror and dont see a diffenerce in my body although my clothes are now too big and i feel better, I have also decided to get rid of all my clothes as they become too big!

Id like to have more friends that need motivation and that will give it back! i find this a big help!! I am also looking for some new low calorie recipies to change things up a litlle bit :0)

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD ME AS A FRIEND AND YOU CAN ALSO MESSAGE AND POST SOME MEAL IDEAS AND RECIPES!!!

GOOD LUCK LUCK TO YOU ALL IN YOUR JOURNEY

Replies

• mitts1970
    mitts1970 Posts: 56
    Hi Melissa - I'd be happy to share in our journey! You are doing AMAZING so far - if your clothes are too big and you feel better that's the real sign that you are succeeding! Here is a link to a great recipe site I found: http://www.skinnytaste.com/ Let me know what you think - the recipes look yummy, check out the baked onion rings and herb baked fries :)

Good luck!

April
    mitts1970
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    I love clean eating recipes... I buy the magazine and have a few cookbooks. I tend you just make up stuff on the fly now after using them for awhile, or if i am searching for ideas I will refer to them again.
    My staple veggies are kale, brussel sprouts, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas, baby carrots, broccoli slaw, parsnips
    Carbs- Sweet Potatoes, or use cauliflower instead of potatoes
    My favourite fake carb, quinoa, use it in place of rice!

If you post what type of recipes you are looking for, maybe we can help :)
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 559 Member
    Welcome Melissa

Wow 24 pounds ur a big looser :happy:

U know i joine MFP in 2008 but i was on off all the time never was consistent. Now just joined a challenge where me n my partner falicia are doing gr8 and working out together. You can join a Team . The Team i am in is Diamonds Challenge. But its closed for new memebers for now but again new members can join at the end of April.

So hope to see u thr

Kathy
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Awesome job on your weight loss this far! You're doing great.
This discussion has been closed.