It's got me quessing......

Options
amarie35
amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
I have my fitness goals set up to show that I am lightly active & that I workout @ least 5 days for 40 minutes each day. So, my question is....each day, when I add my exercises for that day, do I add all of my exercises or do I just add if I go over the 40 minutes?

It looks like if I have it set up w/ me working out 5 days a week for 40 minutes a day, that that time would already be calculated in. But, it may not be & I just wanna make sure that I've been entering my exercises in correctly.

Thanks in advance for any & all input! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LauRoxx
    LauRoxx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    OMG, good question!!!!

I have no clue, I'm excited to hear the response :)

******actually, I lied. I just went to my goals to see what would happen if I put into the system that I didn't workout at all during the week and it still put me at the same caloric goals and weight-loss rate.
    I don't think it counts your exercise times till you put it in.

Hope that helps
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Add all your exercise. The profile area was just to give you an indication of what you can expect to lose if you actually do that exercise. It does not figure into your numbers anywhere else though.
  • byroman
    byroman Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The Exercise tab shows your goal for each day & week for excercise time and calories.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    All of them. MFP does not take into account your goal amount of exercise when coming up with your caloric goal. MFP is set up so you will lose your goal amount of weight not exercising by eating 100% of the recommended calories, and if you do exercise it adds calories back that you must eat in order to reach you goal weight loss.
  • suumoner
    suumoner Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I add all the exercising that I do . I don't know if that's right or not but I'm still losing weight . It's been two months and I have lost 10 pounds so I'm happy with the results so far.
  • suumoner
    suumoner Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I add all the exercising that I do . I don't know if that's right or not but I'm still losing weight . It's been two months and I have lost 10 pounds so I'm happy with the results so far.
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think it takes into consideration the activity level and how much you "plan" to do in your daily calorie goal. I changed mine to put no activity for the week and it did update my daily caloric intake to a lower value. So, mine is set up as sedentary with no exercise so it gives me a true picture. I add all of my exercise and so it's really just adding and subtracting and no guess work.

I hope that makese sense.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Yes, you want to add all of them. :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think it takes into consideration the activity level and how much you "plan" to do in your daily calorie goal. I changed mine to put no activity for the week and it did update my daily caloric intake to a lower value. So, mine is set up as sedentary with no exercise so it gives me a true picture. I add all of my exercise and so it's really just adding and subtracting and no guess work.

I hope that makese sense.

No, it does not take into account how much exercise you plan to do. If you don't believe me go in and change your exercise goals and you will see that nothing happens to your caloric goals.