Same ol' same ol' BAD??

Options
Cassia
Cassia Posts: 467 Member
I once read somewhere that eating the same foods for a long period of time can make your weight loss stall. Here lately i have been eating very similar main meals AND my weight loss has not been very good, i was wondering if anyone has personal experience with this.
Oh and most of the time i'll have,
2 egg whites and 1 egg for breakfast with cheese and 1/2 ham
a yogurt for snack
tuna fish sandwich or ham sandwich for lunch
some kind of starch for a snack or an apple
onion and squash stir-fried or a salad for dinner with chicken or tuna
(depending on whither or not i have the calories)
a smoothie, or carrots with ranch dip or some kind of fruit for after dinner snack

So anyone know if this kinda thing i need to change?

Replies

• Cassia
    Options
    I once read somewhere that eating the same foods for a long period of time can make your weight loss stall. Here lately i have been eating very similar main meals AND my weight loss has not been very good, i was wondering if anyone has personal experience with this.
    a yogurt for snack
    a smoothie, or carrots with ranch dip or some kind of fruit for after dinner snack

• rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    For a lot of people, our bodies get used to the same food and get "stuck" at a certain point, and we have to mix up our diets.

Perhaps try a cereal or other grain at breakfast, a new vegetable at lunch, or some carbs with dinner. I like to mix up the kind of meats I eat a lot.

Also, consider staggering your calories. I usually take a few days every once in a while and eat 200-300 calories more than I have been eating, just to keep my metabolism burning well. Give it a shot!
  • Cassia
    Options
    Thanks! i was thinking that but i kinda wanted a second opinion :flowerforyou:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    a yogurt for snack

Well, yeah! You're eating half a ham every morning! LOL Just kidding. Seriously though, if you eat the same thing every day, your body gets used to it. You really have to keep it guessing and eat different kinds of things on different days. That's how you'll see the most consistent loss.